Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet working on new AIR
(27-Mar-2016, 14:19)IanG-UK Wrote: Luckily, Guillaume put me in touch with an infrequent poster on here who gave me a solution within a couple of emails - though the fact that it works for me clearly does not provide a solution for everyone since I advised Devialet of my approach but they did not promulgate it. Even with this solution and an ethernet connection I get very occasional disturbances using hi-res only which tends to confirm that the AIR2 approach is vulnerable.
Hey Ian 

Would you mind sharing your "secret sauce" that has got Air working for you. Naturally without any guarantees and no reprisals
(27-Mar-2016, 13:50)Dr Tone Wrote: I like your post so much I had to add it to my #AirIsAJoke twitter campaign.

Every little helps I suppose.

Actually I rejoined Twitter just to add to the campaign, but I'm not really Twitter savvy, so, er, didn't really know what to do when I finally found your posts. Do I retweet it? Or reply? Who sees it? Suddenly I feel a bit embarrassed, I'm pretty savvy technically and even social media wise, but Twitter I've really never seen the point of so just never used it. I joined ages ago, read a few Stephen Fry tweets, thought he came across like a pompous buffoon, logged out, and never looked back. Not really a proper test I know......

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Mar-2016, 20:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Mar-2016, 13:50)Dr Tone Wrote: I like your post so much I had to add it to my #AirIsAJoke twitter campaign.

Every little helps I suppose.  

Actually I rejoined Twitter just to add to the campaign, but I'm not really Twitter savvy, so, er, didn't really know what to do when I finally found your posts. Do I retweet it? Or reply? Who sees it? Suddenly I feel a bit embarrassed, I'm pretty savvy technically and even social media wise, but Twitter I've really never seen the point of so just never used it. I joined ages ago, read a few Stephen Fry tweets, thought he came across like a pompous buffoon, logged out, and never looked back. Not really a proper test I know......

In my opinion twitter is the one somewhat useful social media network.  I use it mostly for following manufacturers and certain individuals.  Most of the manufacturers will use twitter to release news.

Unfortunately Devialet uses it mostly to brag about F1 sponsorships, Kanye liking the Phantoms etc etc.  They do tweet about firmware updates but usually someone finds them here first.

@ represents an entity on twitter.
# represents a word or phrase you would like to trend and be common with other entities tweets.

An example use of the # is manufacturers wanting their followers to tweet with a hash tag in a certain period of time to win something.  #FreeCodeFriday is used by the Microsoft Xbox guru when he gives games away on Fridays.  Another use would to make tweets related like information like #Belgiumattack.

Retweet the tweets of others dissing @devialet.  Also like those same tweets.  Create your own new tweets addressed to @devialet and with the hash tag #AirIsAJoke are the three things you can do.  As long as you address your tweet with @devialet the persons who curate twitter for them will see them.

I suggest you just find some manufacturers and or individuals you would like to follow and from there see their tweets it will start to make sense to you.

I'm a software developer and I like my audio as you can see by the people/companies I follow:

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/following
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I share the pain of those trying to make Air work. As far as I am concerned I am extremely happy about the sound and functionality I am getting from my 250 over USB together with the audirvana standalone app/ipad controller.

I prefer to focus on what works...

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(28-Mar-2016, 04:03)bernardl Wrote: I prefer to focus on what works...
Correct!. I also believe in it and do the same. My AIR worked well when I m used iTunes (used iTunes some time ago). I did Bluesound> Toslink>Le 120. Sold Bluesound last week. Now Planning for Roon / Audirvana. Roon Trial version with USB worked well. I believe Audirvana should also work well. Just ordered Ipad Mini 4 64 GB for Remote should be good for both Roon and Audirvana. Will be trialing Audirvana this week.

- Cheers
/Jnan
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I have been a happy Air user for two months now with no issues. My version of Air closes every time my D200 goes to sleep so I have to start it at the beginning of every new listening session. I do not consider that as a problem. It takes only two clicks with my mouse to start Air again.
Regards
Tronn