Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Distribution for Devialet
What are you using for power distribution to your Devialet integrated amp?

I'm thinking of getting the AudioQuest Niagara 1000 unit:
http://www.audioquest.com/niagara-1000

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a dedicated spur with 16A klangmodule and a 3G4kvmm cable that goes directly in to a Ansuz Mainz 8D, from that I have two Ansuz Mainz POM cables to my D400.

[Image: 145_1428490036.jpg]

[Image: 145_1455389908.jpg]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Dedicated 20 amp supply, one per mono block.
Audience SE Powercords.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I have a dedicated ring main for the hifi using standard cabling. Everything is plugged into it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Using Acoustic Revive 2 outlet power distributor, one for each 400 box, which are connected to Isoclean outlets.  The outlets are connected to dedicated 20 amp circuits wired to an audio device only breaker box, 6 dedicated circuits, directly adjacent to the electric service meter.

As noted previously, I am using Synergistic Devialet Spec power cords from the Acoustic Revive distributors to the Devialets.  I have also installed augmented grounding, including timed moisture application to the area around the ground rods.  Taken as a whole I am well satisfied with the results.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
I have Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One 5.0 that my Devialet 400(s) are plugged into. I had it for my previous tube pre amp/amp based system, thought maybe I could unload it with the arrival of the Devialets, but after listening to system after pulling it out I had to put the darn thing back in as it sounded better when it was in the system.

The Regen has gone by bye bye, as has the LH LightSpeed USB 10g cable. On a holding pattern for a Roon/AIR solution via ethernet or if I grow weak the microRendu, which I prefer not to add as I don't have a local ethernet connection and prefer not to add another router or other such device to my house.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I run a dedicated mains circuit which is completely separate from the rest of house 

No fancy cables - including stock power chord
Being a qualified (some 40 years now) electrical engineer, i pushed the boat out and install an Airlink balance transformer. Prior to this i installed a separate metal clad distribution board, and ran 16mm swa cable to the transformer. The transformer output is protected with a
10 Ma rcd and double pole 16a Type b mcb's, all from the MK range, sockets from this are un switched Mk logic metal clad.
I have found this to be by far one of the best improvements i have made to any of my systems used over the years.
Cost me approx £1000.00 for all the kit, but obviously a qualified electrician would be required to do the install.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

(02-Oct-2016, 06:12)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: Being a qualified (some 40 years now) electrical engineer, i pushed the boat out and install an Airlink balance transformer. Prior to this i installed a separate metal clad distribution board, and ran 16mm swa cable to the transformer. The transformer output is protected with a
10 Ma rcd and double pole 16a  Type b  mcb's, all from the MK range, sockets from this are un switched Mk logic metal clad.
I have found this to be by far one of the best improvements i have made to any of my systems used over the years.
Cost me approx £1000.00 for all the kit, but obviously a qualified electrician would be required to do the install.

That seems like much better value than bespoke Audiophile solutions.
I had a look at the Airlink website. Could you use one of the Airlink filtering transformers just off a 13a mains socket? I did completely rewire my house but in the chaos of the refurb didnt even think to spec a separate hifi spur despite it being really easy to do at that time and now dont want to rip the floor up again - at least not until they need redoing!

Based on advice I'd read in several places, I changed the double socket closest to the hifi from a cheap switched one to a (barely less cheap - still under a tenner) unswitched MK one, and it made..... bugger all difference - apart from not being able to cut the power without pulling the plug out which is actually a bit annoying IMO. If anything, it also seems to have less grip on the plug than the original (unbranded from what I can tell - whatever trade stuff the electricians used), so it may well be a 'worse' connection. But then the screws that hold all the wires in the consumer unit aren't very big either.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I ran a separate shielded cable from a 30A fuse on the consumer unit, terminated with MK unswitched sockets. Didn't I read somewhere on the forum that it's better to have amps plugged into different circuits? When they were plugged into the same ring main, the sound stage collapsed.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England