Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trigger cable lowers temperatures & power consumption
(16-Jun-2020, 14:51)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 11:13)Freddie77 Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 09:22)Axel Wrote: So do I. 
I remember, some time ago when trying to download configuration files, that once the master config had downloaded, the companion config would fail to download properly. Please try this: Remake your new configuration from scratch. When you have done so, ignore the master configuration (which in your case seems to be OK) and download only the one for the companion, which I think is the one that is not downloading properly and is causing the malfunction.
Good luck with this, it must be driving you up the wall.

I haven’t tried that method, I will give it a go and will come back with the results. Thanks.

I tried the method Axel suggested and it works! Thanks a lot. So the configuration page is to blame for both units not linking despite all connections being correct. The other issue I had is still a mystery, I hope that after resetting and adjusting the Ethernet connection it won’t come back.
Glad you got it sorted!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Freddie77 - You might want to vote in my poll? (shameless poll bump, it is very low on votes!)

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Dual-Mon...om-scratch
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(16-Jun-2020, 22:50)bernardl Wrote: I have another interesting case... I having been facing annoying drop outs through Roon wired ethernet that let me to wonder whether there isn’t an issue with the ethernet port of my master.

I decide to switch master and slave by:
- turning everything down
- switching input cables
- inversing the Rca-rca digital link direction
- connecting trigger cable to correct ports
- switching SD cards
- removing and reconnecting power cables on both units

As a result:
- both units display Devialet 1000
- But... the companion doesn’t wake up...

The only hypothesis so far is that one of the trigger/optical ports I am now using after switching the units has an issue...

Any other idea?

Cheers,
Bernard

Still ko, I had to remove the trigger cable to make the amp work.

Any bright idea? ?

thank you.

cheers,
bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(20-Jun-2020, 00:27)bernardl Wrote:
(16-Jun-2020, 22:50)bernardl Wrote: I have another interesting case... I having been facing annoying drop outs through Roon wired ethernet that let me to wonder whether there isn’t an issue with the ethernet port of my master.

I decide to switch master and slave by:
- turning everything down
- switching input cables
- inversing the Rca-rca digital link direction
- connecting trigger cable to correct ports
- switching SD cards
- removing and reconnecting power cables on both units

As a result:
- both units display Devialet 1000
- But... the companion doesn’t wake up...

The only hypothesis so far is that one of the trigger/optical ports I am now using after switching the units has an issue...

Any other idea?

Cheers,
Bernard

Still ko, I had to remove the trigger cable to make the amp work.

Any bright idea? ?

thank you.

cheers,
bernard
A few years back, I had a problem similar to yours, where my companion wouldn’t wake up. I was completely dumbfounded when I discovered that the config file on the SD card in my companion had become corrupted. I thought that maybe a stray magnetic field could be to blame, but that was just a guess. There was nothing wrong with the SD card itself as I reloaded the config file onto it and it worked perfectly.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Axel, I will try.
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
How did it work out?
Hi guys, after I made the changes for a fresh configuration I changed the DAC resolution to 192 kHz from 96 kHz, I think I notice the sound a bit thinner with that resolution. Do you have your settings at 192 as well or 96 and, if so, can you tell a difference in sound?
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
(11-Apr-2018, 11:10)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: They are the prime.numbers of the polyonim used to describe the Devialet patents

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

(24-Jun-2020, 00:50)markush Wrote: How did it work out?

I haven’t had time to try yet.

Cheers,
Bernard