Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geckos vs. Tree/Branch
Has anyone compared how Phantoms sound on Geckos vs the Tree/Branch stands?   Does the height of the Tree/Branch vs the recommended height and angle of the Geckos make a difference?
In my experience NO sound source benefits from being close to any hard reflective surfaces. Still have not found any speakers that excel when it comes to wall mount vs free standing / floor stands
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Any other opinions yet? What is the recommended height and angle for the Geckos by the way? I asked it from my dealer when I was purchasing Geckos but he didn't come with any answer.
(01-Apr-2016, 17:35)McChicken Wrote: In my experience NO sound source benefits from being close to any hard reflective surfaces. Still have not found any speakers that excel when it comes to wall mount vs free standing / floor stands

Fully agree with this statement - 100%.  BUT sometimes, your environment dictates how you setup your speakers in a way that trumps ultimate audio quality.  For example, if I wanted ultimate audio in my home, I would only listen in my living room but that is not always practicable.