Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier is better than 200???
(31-Mar-2016, 21:28)moreno1973 Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 19:37)Devmann Wrote: D premier is better than 200.
I use firmware 9.0.2 !!! no problem with upgrade.

9.0.2?...How did You got this new firmware? I saw only 9.0.1 on Devialet page...

After Electric shock was in service in France and returned with this firmware. Subjectively it seems that the sound is better.
(01-Apr-2016, 07:29)Devmann Wrote: Sorry for 3x

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(31-Mar-2016, 03:26)deviousalet Wrote: See http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2582

That's me  Big Grin

Never had any Devialet before, but so glad I went for the D-Premiers. Would like the USB & Ethernet, but not a deal breaker.

Having the mono set not only helps with SQ, but if in the future something goes wrong with one unit I still have the option of using a single D-Premier (realise this may seem very negative, but it's just a bonus that hope to never need).

My speakers are one off's so got Buckley's chance of them ever being SAM'd (Buckley's chance is an Ozzie phrase for not a bl--dy hope in hell it happening Tongue ). My speakers ,I believe only 12 have been made, with my new ML3 Ref's having a new upgraded tweeter so actually only version  that has this.

I realise I may not have helped with your choosing, but all can say is that I have noooooooooooooooo regrets getting a pair of D-Premiers over a single D250.

Cheers
John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(03-Apr-2016, 06:42)Celts88 Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 03:26)deviousalet Wrote: See http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2582

That's me  Big Grin

Never had any Devialet before, but so glad I went for the D-Premiers. Would like the USB & Ethernet, but not a deal breaker.

Having the mono set not only helps with SQ, but if in the future something goes wrong with one unit I still have the option of using a single D-Premier (realise this may seem very negative, but it's just a bonus that hope to never need).

My speakers are one off's so got Buckley's chance of them ever being SAM'd (Buckley's chance is an Ozzie phrase for not a bl--dy hope in hell it happening Tongue ). My speakers ,I believe only 12 have been made, with my new ML3 Ref's having a new upgraded tweeter so actually only version  that has this.

I realise I may not have helped with your choosing, but all can say is that I have noooooooooooooooo regrets getting a pair of D-Premiers over a single D250.

Cheers
John

Really like the look of those D-Prems in matt black, John. Very stealthy!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Apr-2016, 11:33)Axel Wrote:
(03-Apr-2016, 06:42)Celts88 Wrote:

That's me  Big Grin

Cheers
John

Really like the look of those D-Prems in matt black, John. Very stealthy!

Yes, a bit of contrast with the wood also helps, and with the footers underneath they do have a kind of B-2 Stealth bomber look; have to really use the imagination a wee bit for that one Tongue
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Great system congratulations John !
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
(29-Mar-2016, 22:23)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Now I have 200. I am Happy with sound but I know that 250 is just better sounding. Now I have a cianę to buy D-Premier for really a good price. Is it a good ideas to change 200 to D Premier? I don't use usbinput. Just Coaxial and Air. 

What is the SQ of 250 and DPremier? What are differences? 

Is it possible to use firmware 9.0.1 with DPremier? Is DPM, ICM compatible with D Premier?

Best regards
I might be a bit late in replying to this but I have had recently upgraded my D'Premier to the 250. I was lucky that I'd managed to pick up the D'Premier for an good price. The sound of the D'Premier was good but the 250 put the musicians in the room with me or maybe the other way around. It was as if there was nothing between me and them. I have never ever experienced this before, not even in the very back room of the audio salons. I had heard the 200 at a shop which started me looking for used. Sold the Rogue 150s, the BelCanto Amps and took a leap of faith. No expensive interconnects, no malty boxes to try to pair up. You can't go wrong with either one but the 250 gives a much more locked in sound stage and it never waivers. Drum kits, piano are holographically  produced in your room. Still can't get over it. Basically it has put an end to throwing my money away. Finally I can have my own private concert without paying a $150.  It's that good.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less