Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi and more turned off on expert family
Hi

Just would like to find out if it is possible to turn off wifi and/or ethernet on the Devialet Expert family, could not find anything in configurator but I may have misunderstood or overlooked...

Any advise on turning off unused input also welcome.

Thx
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
In the configurator just click on the port itself to enable it or disable it [when disabled the arrow and port will be grey, when enabled the arrow will be orange and the port will become lighter].
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(31-Mar-2016, 16:55)Frnch Wrote: Hi

Just would like to find out if it is possible to turn off wifi and/or ethernet on the Devialet Expert family, could not find anything in configurator but I may have misunderstood or overlooked...

Thx
F

Yes, they are on by default but just clicking on the symbol for the input connector of the appropriate input toggles it off. 
Clicking on the wifi symbol switches the wifi channel off and so on.
On channels have an orange arrow next to the name, the name can be edited to whatever you want, by the way. Disabled channels have a grey arrow and will not show up as a source once that config is loaded into the amp.
I have only used the USB input once, as part of a sound quality evaluation and am planning to disable it and all other non used inputs in my next configuration.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(31-Mar-2016, 17:13)f1eng Wrote:
(31-Mar-2016, 16:55)Frnch Wrote: Hi

Thx
F

Yes, they are on by default but just clicking on the symbol for the input connector of the appropriate input toggles it off. 
Clicking on the wifi symbol switches the wifi channel off and so on.
On channels have an orange arrow next to the name, the name can be edited to whatever you want, by the way. Disabled channels have a grey arrow and will not show up as a source once that config is loaded into the amp.
I have only used the USB input once, as part of a sound quality evaluation and am planning to disable it and all other non used inputs in my next configuration.

Thank you for your reply, I found my error I was always clicking on the arrow associated to the symbol and not the symbol...I feel very stupid now....

Cheers!!!!
F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator