Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price reduction
Devialet is launching a promotional offer to take your old equipment back for as much as 3'400 EUR.
Business seems to be tough...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1st April

Sent by iPad
I'm not quite sure who this is aimed at. The obvious would be people upgrading to a higher model in the range, but then we also have the option of adding another unit and it's arguably better to (say) have two D200s than one D250.
The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if this is pre-empting something - i.e new models.
(01-Apr-2016, 11:12)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm not quite sure who this is aimed at. The obvious would be people upgrading to a higher model in the range, but then we also have the option of adding another unit and it's arguably better to (say) have two D200s than one D250.
The conspiracy theorist in me is wondering if this is pre-empting something - i.e new models.

it only means you can trade in your old non-Devialet Amp, not that something new is coming along...
It's to make way for the new series 3 Devialet, which apparently will feature 'CAM' at the planned launch in April. This is the new 'Cable Active Matching' system, similar to SAM it compensates for the specific inaccuracies of your speaker cables, in essence to provide a 100% perfect link between amplifier and speaker. Just enter your cable make, model and length in the configurator and away you go. This is only for speaker cables at launch, but the intention is for this system to develop to include digital interconnects and power cables in the future.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Apr-2016, 11:15)Vivialet Wrote:
(01-Apr-2016, 11:12)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm not quite sure who this is aimed at. The obvious would be people upgrading to a higher model in the range, but then we also have the option of adding another unit and it's arguably better to (say) have two D200s than one D250.

it only means you can trade in your old non-Devialet Amp, not that something new is coming along...

Doh!  I get it now. *smacks head*
Instead of Arm core, on current model, it will house Intel i7, 16/32MB RAM, 1/2 TB SSD, so Roon can be installed.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(01-Apr-2016, 11:25)Confused Wrote: It's to make way for the new series 3 Devialet, which apparently will feature 'CAM' at the planned launch in April.  This is the new 'Cable Active Matching' system, similar to SAM it compensates for the specific inaccuracies of your speaker cables, in essence to provide a 100% perfect link between amplifier and speaker.  Just enter your cable make, model and length in the configurator and away you go.  This is only for speaker cables at launch, but the intention is for this system to develop to include digital interconnects and power cables in the future.

Sounds excellent. Will this work for optical, wi-fi or telekinetic links too?
(01-Apr-2016, 11:57)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(01-Apr-2016, 11:25)Confused Wrote: It's to make way for the new series 3 Devialet, which apparently will feature 'CAM' at the planned launch in April.  This is the new 'Cable Active Matching' system, similar to SAM it compensates for the specific inaccuracies of your speaker cables, in essence to provide a 100% perfect link between amplifier and speaker.  Just enter your cable make, model and length in the configurator and away you go.  This is only for speaker cables at launch, but the intention is for this system to develop to include digital interconnects and power cables in the future.

Sounds excellent. Will this work for optical, wi-fi or telekinetic links too?
It will, I was also going to mention the new 'DAM' feature, which is 'Devialet Active Matching, this compensates for the inaccuracies and deficiencies of a Devialet amplifier to remove the digital edge and replace the full audio emotion that was previously only available from huge multi box DAC / pre amp / mono-block rigs.  It's a bit late now, so I'll save this 'till next year.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
To be fair, I think the offer per the original post is legit. Although, I got the English language version of the email at about 11am on April 1st, I'm guessing the date and time does not have the same significance in France?

it is basically a 15% off offer, so you would need to be looking at the D800 (or O'dA??) to get the full Euro 3400 reduction. A similar reduction to some of the companion offers we've seen over the last couple of years. So it looks like they are trying to increase sales / decrease margins, which I guess they can do when the development costs are already written down.