Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote app - inputs query
Hi - can anyone advise me on this topic please.

The remote app on my ipad shows the following inputs.  Inputs 1,2,4 are ones I have set up and use.

1. Sonos
2. AV
3. WiFi
4. Aurender
5. My Music

I have no need for inputs 3 and 5 - can I remove or disable them without affecting anything, app remote control for example?

Thanks
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I haven't tried editing the input names, but possibly you could do so in the configurator? I would expect that if you turned wifi off in the config, it would not show up as an available input option on the app, and likely not on the Dev itself if you cycled through the inputs with the remote.

Although, 'my music' seems like it is accessing the music folder on whatever device holds your music files; related to the Aurender possibly?
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
As an example, I have wifi disabled in the configurator, and correspondingly I do not get wifi listed in the app. The my music option will stay by default.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I'd assumed My Music was to allow you to play music held locally on the iPad/iPhone (may be wrong, I've never used it).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Apr-2016, 19:32)thumb5 Wrote: I'd assumed My Music was to allow you to play music held locally on the iPad/iPhone (may be wrong, I've never used it).

Yes, absolutely correct.  It will play music from the iTunes folder in from my iPhone and actually sounds OK.  (although they are lossless ALAC files)

I do not have any music on my iPad, but I did spot one track in Devialet 'My Music' on my iPad once.  I was baffled by this until I worked out that somehow it had got there from 'the cloud'.  Oh the horror!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Apr-2016, 19:57)Confused Wrote:
(01-Apr-2016, 19:32)thumb5 Wrote: I'd assumed My Music was to allow you to play music held locally on the iPad/iPhone (may be wrong, I've never used it).

Yes, absolutely correct.  It will play music from the iTunes folder in from my iPhone and actually sounds OK.  (although they are lossless ALAC files)

I do not have any music on my iPad, but I did spot one track in Devialet 'My Music' on my iPad once.  I was baffled by this until I worked out that somehow it had got there from 'the cloud'.  Oh the horror!

Thanks for all these responses.

Presumably if I disable wifi then the app with not work? Unsure why wifi is appearing as if it is an input, if that's not the case. 

My Music makes more sense - but it seems as though it can't be switched off?
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
Subtle! If wifi is disabled in the configurator, this disables wifi to the Devialet, so a 'phone or tablet can still talk to the wifi network, but the Devialet will not talk to the wifi network, however, this will still produce beautiful music assuming the Devialet is had wired Ethernet connected to the network.

I don't believe 'my music' can be turned off. (Removed from the app)