Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New speakers-Stand mounted
Thank you all.

I was definitely not aware of the good review for the Kef´s. Must put them on my list, together with the Cremona Auditor MS. Both these might be available for me to listen to, and for my wife to see Big Grin

Those of you that have tried or have the Cremona´s, are you using them without any sub?

Rgds
Atle
(11-Sep-2014, 22:37)adro Wrote: Those of you that have tried or have the Cremona´s, are you using them without any sub?

I didn't use a sub. If your room is very large, you might need one, otherwise you'll be fine. They are such good speakers that the absence of really deep bass doesn't seem to matter.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(11-Sep-2014, 16:24)adro Wrote: Hi.
I think it is time to replace my old speakers.
Thanks to my lovely wife I have got a limited area in our living room to play with. Another major issue is of course the WAF (wife acceptance factor) of the news speakers. According to her they must look even nicer then they play. She means that floor standing speakers looks so old fashion and are a waste of space so these are more or less out of the question.

So after a lot of searching and reading and a few hours of negotiating I have come up with a couple of alternatives.

Sonus Faber Olympica 1,
Sonus Faber Venere 2.0
B&W PM1
B&W 805 Diamond

So what do you think? Are these any good with my 200?
I have promised my wife to go without a sub, but if you who are the experts think that these speakers are a bit “light” on their own I might try to convince her that a sub is a must. Idea

Any other suggestions in this price range/size are welcomed.
The only ones I thing I will be able to listen to her in my home town are the PM1, maybe the 805 diamonds. Not connected to a Devialet though.

Regards
Atle

If you are worried about bass; I was very impressed with the Dynaudio C1 Mk 1 years ago. I'm waiting for a pair of second hand C1 Mkll's to arrive shortly for my 3.6m x 3.6m living room (with ajoining dining room of the same size) Once they arrive I'll be happy to let you know how deep they go. It looks like it won't be long before they are SAMed either; 94 votes and 37 for the signature which is technically the same speaker.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi !

I agree with Pim about the Dynaudio.
Before buying the Duettes, I heard the B&W PM1 (really not my cup of tea !), the B&W 805D (really better than PM1, night and day for me… but it's only my impressions !) the Dynaudio C1 and some other…

And the C1 was a clear winner !!! Bass, tone and lack of directivity (great !) were the assets of this speaker…

I never head the Sonus Fabers, but the few products I know from this brand, I think it will be good to give them a chance ! They really are good products !
Hi!

I'm in a similar position, although my budget is more constrained. The KEFs seem wonderful, but how about the B&W 685 S2 or the CM5? Or the ATC SMC11?

Thanks a lot!
(11-Sep-2014, 16:24)adro Wrote: Hi.
I think it is time to replace my old speakers.
Thanks to my lovely wife I have got a limited area in our living room to play with. Another major issue is of course the WAF (wife acceptance factor) of the news speakers. According to her they must look even nicer then they play. She means that floor standing speakers looks so old fashion and are a waste of space so these are more or less out of the question.

So after a lot of searching and reading and a few hours of negotiating I have come up with a couple of alternatives.

Sonus Faber Olympica 1,
Sonus Faber Venere 2.0
B&W PM1
B&W 805 Diamond

So what do you think? Are these any good with my 200?
I have promised my wife to go without a sub, but if you who are the experts think that these speakers are a bit “light” on their own I might try to convince her that a sub is a must. Idea

Any other suggestions in this price range/size are welcomed.
The only ones I thing I will be able to listen to her in my home town are the PM1, maybe the 805 diamonds. Not connected to a Devialet though.

Regards
Atle
How about a pair of Franco Serblin Accordo?
Had a very short listen a while back, sounder better than the SF Olympica I to my ear.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
One more vote for the Dynaudio C1, a simply fantastic speaker and great value (particularly used, particularly for the mk1). Remarkable amount of bass for the size -- I don't think you will need a sub, especially after they are SAMd. Also nice looking, in my opinion. I owned a pair in rosewood when I first acquired my Devialet d-Premier and had to move up to the Magico Q1 for a substantial improvement. And even then, it was a closer race than you would think!

I admit, however, that I have not spent substantial time with any of the others you are considering.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I use KEF LS50 as rear surrounds, and when I tried them at the front with SAM, they certainly closed the gap on my £1100 XTZ floorstanders. However, I didn't get the perceived treble improvement that is often said to accompany better bass. I felt the treble was left behind, leaving the speaker seeming imbalanced in quality across the range. Perhaps the ribbon tweeters in my floorstanders are biasing my perception.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
My favorites to be tested out wirh Devialet beside the Sonus Faber range is

1) Rosso Fiorentinos modell,Fiesole
https://www.facebook.com/rossofiorentino...9950258214

2)DIAPASON Adamantes III
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/diapa...mante.html

But wil they ever get SAM ready ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Well, I've had the Dynaudio C1 Mkii's here for a few days now and I can confirm they do serious bass. I'm still working on set up, trying to get them to sound more 'natural' on not so good recordings. Which in my opinion is probably the hardest thing to do. On good recordings though, they sound absolutely fabulous. Mine were US$5500.- on Audiogon including stands which I'll be using in the future. Not a scratch on them and I don't have to go through the run in stage.

They are the first hi-end speakers I've owned so you can imagine that it's a revelation to hear what I've been missing all those years.

Very happy!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.