Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New speakers-Stand mounted
I used to own the B&W PM1s. They're nice sounding little speakers, but I think they were definitely overrated in the hifi press. They sound great with certain types of music (classical guitar), but never really did it for me. Think the size is the limiting factor. Ended up trading them for Focal Diablos, which are in a different league to be honest. The Focal's are expensive, but I love the things. Have to say though that the Focal 1008be's are also awesome for a lot less money.
The obvious answer would be the Atohm GT1's. These are pretty much the definitive SAM loudspeaker and sound quite fantastic. I was lucky enough to get a 'Special Edition' pair to go with my '120 and am very impressed indeed.

Mind you the LS50 gets some fantastic reviews as well so a shoot out would be interesting.

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
I have just purchased a new pair of Atohm GT1 SE and wondering what speaker stands should I get?
I hv read several reviews and there's no mention of recommened speaker stands.
Ideally white stands would be very matching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You could try the Atacama brand - they do white speaker stands.
Either the Nexus 5i at £85 or the Nexus SL500i at £165 - both 50cm high - the former for a slimline look and the latter for a chunkier look.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England