Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highest Possible Sound Quality from iTunes
I agree this could be a fun afternoon out. Look forward to hearing some dates.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I have just spoken to Alasdair (OAC). It looks like this one could be in May (another 'after Munich' type date).

Does anyone have any date preferences?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Apr-2016, 12:59)Confused Wrote: I have just spoken to Alasdair (OAC).  It looks like this one could be in May (another 'after Munich' type date).

If it's a Saturday I am good from the 14th onwards...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Apr-2016, 10:46)oxfordaudio Wrote: Not too long ago I had a very interesting day out with Guillaume, Rufus and Nick comparing the basic Aurender, Melco and a Macbook through a USB reclocking device. The most interesting part of the day for me was how inconclusive it was!

So Guillaume, Rufus and Nick, how did a MacBook + re-clocker stack up against an N1A?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(06-Apr-2016, 13:03)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Apr-2016, 12:59)Confused Wrote: I have just spoken to Alasdair (OAC).  It looks like this one could be in May (another 'after Munich' type date).

Guillaume

If we are looking at Saturdays in May after Munich, this is an easy one for me, the 21st.  The 7th is Munich, plus for me the 14th and 28th are already spoken for.  (The 28th is a bank holiday weekend, so unlikely to be a good date typically I'm guessing)
(06-Apr-2016, 13:11)Confused Wrote:
(06-Apr-2016, 13:03)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

If we are looking at Saturdays in May after Munich, this is an easy one for me, the 21st.  The 7th is Munich, plus for me the 14th and 28th are already spoken for.  (The 28th is a bank holiday weekend, so unlikely to be a good date typically I'm guessing)

21st works for me. Will be a fun hi-fi weekend as I'm going to KJ West on the Friday evening (with Rufus hopefully!) to hear the new Wilson Alexx. Before you ask there is no way they would fit in my media room!  Big Grin

Guillaume

UK
Hmm,

Jon will be away on the 21st so it would be tricky for us. Any objections to the Bank Holiday Saturday or the first weekend in June?

Alasdair
Both OK for me, not that that should be an important factor.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Apr-2016, 13:21)oxfordaudio Wrote: Hmm,

Jon will be away on the 21st so it would be tricky for us. Any objections to the Bank Holiday Saturday or the first weekend in June?

Alasdair

As mentioned earlier I'm already spoken for Saturday 28th May, Saturday 4th June looks ok though.
Would love to come to this, see some kit and meet some of the lovely people here, but sadly its getting a bit too close to an important new arrival in our household, so will have to read about it instead…. If I happen to buy a microRendu before then (if it becomes available and I green light the 'early adopt' button) I will of course offer it up for consideration on the day. You're welcome to borrow the Intona too if of interest. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<