Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote working properly?
I got my d 200 a few weeks ago. It was a few month old demo unit acc. To the dealer so i assume the remotes batteries should be fine. When in the living room next to my music room with a 10 cm brick wall and 5 meter away from the d 200 it does not work at all. When in my listening chair having the remote on the very soft arm rest 3 meters away from the system i need to lift it up a bit to get it work. Is that normal or can the batteries be weak after a few month?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Unless your D200 is mounted somewhere where radio waves don't reach well I would check your batteries as that doesn't seem normal. Your dealer should be willing to help you with that since you just got it from them.
Thanks, thought that this is not normal. Will try new batteries first.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
Same issue with me , 6m from the Devialet I have to move the remote to get it to work..I think it has to do with the remote and amp having to pair? New batteris dont solve the problem
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I sit about 3m from my D200 and when I rest my remote on the left arm of my chair it doesn't always work and on the right arm it's ok. There seems to be some sort of directional issue going on with the radio waves. When I use it in the kitchen, 6m away, it's no problem either. Lifting the remote so the plastic bottom 'looks' at the D seems to help.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Apr-2016, 11:03)Pim van Vliet Wrote: ... Lifting the remote so the plastic bottom 'looks' at the D seems to help.

My 200's wall mounted in a slight alcove, and that works best for me too - although sometimes I get lucky and don't need to pick it up or move it.
When it was horizontal I rarely had issues.

It's the only thing I don't like about the remote really (although a couple more buttons and a screen would be nice obvs). I think its beautiful and generally receives more comments than the 200, that is until someone picks it up (or rather rotates it without picking it up) and it doesn't do anything Wink But anyway I like having this strange almost sculptural thing on the coffee table, and it's very tactile and lovely to use.

Hate to say it but the best remote I have (practically speaking) is for the Amazon FireTV box, which is bluetooth AFAIK. Its crappy plastic, but in that realm it looks better than some, is quite functional, is tiny, and it literally works anywhere. And you can talk to it. What more could you want.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Wow, you're all making me feel lucky that my remote works. I have my D400 sitting on an open rack side by side so maybe that helps a lot given that the antennas are on the bottom of the Devialet. Wall mounting or otherwise hiding the bottom from the remote might decrease reception.
Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I'm not the only experiencing problems with the remote. Changed the batteries but this does not solved the problem.
Had an idea. My unit sits on a sra platform and I seem to remember the platform is coated with some rfi/emi absorbing stuff. Had some ebony blocks laying around and put them underneath the amp which lifted it up 7-8 cm. this helped a bit and I can control the amp from 4-5 meters away with nothing inbetween. Still cant get through a wall though with a distance of 5 meter, my bluetooth trackpad can.

This is by far the best looking remote I ever had but I think think the radio signal has problems penetrating the thick aluminium enclosures of both amp and remote. I think infrared would work better with a receiver/transmitter mounted on the front of the amp/remote.
I'm not sure it is a 'problem', but a function of the remote needing to broadcast an RF signal to the amplifier. Lifting the remote so that the plastic bottom is vertical, facing the amp helps, and that is because the plastic is more transparent than the spiffy metal casing. My remote has the same behaviour and it is not a big deal; it's just the way it works.

If I go to my kitchen which is separated by a wood stud and drywall wall, the remote works well, unless I stand in the kitchen such that the refrigerator is between the remote and the amplifier. Then the refrigerator interferes with the remote's signal. Again, not a flaw in the remote, but just a factor of the radio frequency operation of the remote and the signal strength to the amplifier.

Even with these characteristics, I think it is a huge improvement over a conventional IR remote, which is line-of-sight only.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada