Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proac Response D40R
(05-Jun-2014, 09:44)Neffa Wrote: Equally - if, like me you are in the market for speakers - you are going to look at that list very carefully - I can't really imagine buying a new pair which aren't at least SAM 'soon'. So the manufacturers, distributors and retailers can also manipulate this by ensuring the brands they sell are at the top.

I think it's a classic marketing idea which sounded great at the brainstorming but failed to see people playing the system.....!!

Yes, and no doubt this is why Proac (or their distributors) have bumped the D40R up the list. It's a flagship speaker in their range, at a relevant price point for a Devialet owner, but it's not selling well.

I heard the D30Rs with the 170 when I was demoing speakers last summer. Nice speakers, but lacking a bit of punch and bite. I should think SAM will do them a lot of good.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I see that someone has done the same thing for the Totem element metal now, 700+ votes is just ridiculous.
Perhaps Devialet have never heard of captcha?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(05-Jun-2014, 14:17)thumb5 Wrote: Perhaps Devialet have never heard of captcha?

Or email address validation!

I don't understand why 700 votes is a good idea anyway. It's so obviously rigged it looks stupid, and only 100 votes are actually needed.
Not worth thinking about it any more. Just nonsense.
Hopefully they will be quick and release SAM for the top 50 models or so very soon so we don't have to have this discussion anymore.

They just added SAM for the Appertura Adena btw which is a speaker with 111 votes that I've never heard of Tongue
They do what THEY want or some speaker manufacturers.
No one from Devialet cares about that crazy voting.
They seem to have noticed the manipulation. This speaker is now listed as having 10 votes. Still says SAM is coming soon for it though.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Funny, because I'm sure there's a lot of manipulation for other speakers too. Whoever did it must've made it *really* obvious I guess.
(09-Jun-2014, 19:19)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Funny, because I'm sure there's a lot of manipulation for other speakers too. Whoever did it must've made it *really* obvious I guess.

Yes, they've dealt with a couple of the flagrant abuses, which is a good thing, albeit rather late in the day. I imagine a few people have been deterred from taking part by the obvious silliness of it.

I did a bit of manipulation myself: I asked people on the What Hifi forum to vote for my speakers. And I e-mailed Devialet to tell them what I'd done, because I figured this might wake them up to how easy it was to fix the voting. But that was weeks ago. It's disappointing that they haven't reacted sooner.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London