Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shall i add a 200 companion some day?
I have read many times in these pages that the d 400 is quite an upgrade from the 200 model. But my case is different from most other users i believe. My 200 is only driving the horns of my duos which are 16 ohms with more than 100 db efficiency. My amp is set to 30 watts only and is running only at "idle speed" with horns.

Under these cirmcumstance will it make sense to add a companion or would it be smarter to use the money and replace my modded mini with a n 10 ?
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
The D400 has lower distortion than the D200 so can sound better regardless of power output. However whether that improvement or a better player will make more of a difference in your system is going to be hard for us to say. Luckily your dealer should let you audition the changes for yourself.
No devialet dealer in the country where I live. Anyway, a friend who got the same speaker is thinking about buying the 200. If he does we could make a comparison.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(05-Apr-2016, 07:53)Duomike Wrote: I have read many times in these pages that the d 400 is quite an upgrade from the 200 model. But my case is different from most other users i believe. My 200 is only driving the horns of my duos which are 16 ohms with more than 100 db efficiency. My amp is set to 30 watts only and is running only at "idle speed" with horns.

Under these cirmcumstance will it make sense to add a companion or would it be smarter to use the money and replace my modded mini with a n 10 ?

Or a second hand D200 companion + a Melco N1A.  This would be cheaper than the N10 I think?  just a thought!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I am pondering the same question. I have a Devialet 250 driving the SF Amati Futura (300W, 4 ohms, 90dbSPL sensitivity) and I am wondering if a companion wold be a good idea.
Hopefully I can try with a second D250 of a friend of mine, but I am interested to people' opinion on this
thanks

m
Your speakers are normal sensivity so I guess would make a substantial improvement. Luckily you got a friend and can give it a try. The d 250 is not on devs webpage so I guess its discontinued and you have to look on the used market for a unit.

Someday I will look for a used companion. Now I'm in contact with the local sr importer for a quote for the atmosphere dev edition pc. One step at a time
Hello,

The D250 is still existing as a Companion 250. You may also buy it as a stand alone D250 but it is just not promoted by Devialet since they believe the D400 at the same price point is a slightly better sounding amplifier..

Best regards

Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
But you must not object to two units. I would have to be blown away before going to a second unit.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.