Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Withdrawn : Mutec MC-3+ USB
Hi all,

I am offering for sale one of my Mutec MC-3+ USB. As most of you know, this device is useful to provide galvanic isolation and reclocking to a signal which either comes from a computer (USB port) or Cable-TV receiver (Toslink), and dramatically improves the bass resolution as well as the sound stage. The best way to connect it to the DAC is through AES/EBU.

I'm the first owner. I've received the Mutec in January this year, it's in perfect condition and comes in it's original boxes, with a basic USB cable and a standard EU (Schuko) power-plug. An optional AES/EBU Mogami Pro Gold cable of 0.5m is available for sale.

Price for the Mutec: €745,-
Price for the Mogami cable: €25,-

Prices excluding shipping. EU sale preferred.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Pierre.

More info:
http://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php
http://www.mutec-net.com/artikel.php?id=1447347848

P.S.: Thanks to Antoine for the template Wink
Well I have to ask. Why are you selling? I thought these things are supposed to be superb?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
They are superb actually. But as you might have read in my report, I have adopted a Trinnov Amethyst, which I have included into my chain as a way to reduce the sub-bass problem I have in my living room, and which cannot be addressed otherwise. Having made this decision, I have tested the music streaming service included in the Amethyst and found it very good (no HF interference as no USB involved). So I decided to mainly use this way to reproduce music.

I have decided that I would keep my other Mutec, and use it to process the sound from my Cable-TV receiver before the Amethyst (very important improvement of voices rendering). This other Mutec will also be useful when I want to listen to my MacMini through the USB interface.

So the decision to sell is not a mark of disaffection, but a rational decision given the context.
This offer is withdrawn.