Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SAMlab video
(06-Apr-2016, 21:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Apr-2016, 20:37)Confused Wrote: I've just thought of a challenge, what's the worlds best selling hifi speaker not on the SAM ready list?  Only speakers that could actually be SAM'd (so no Martin Logan's etc) qualify.

Did a quick random whathifi award/test ok,ok, not high end but the first random one I picked - q acoustics 3050 5stars and group test winner, not SAMed. Well, we had to start somewhere Wink

Btw confused, have you already got the answer, or you don't know either?

Not a clue.  I suspect that the answer probably lies somewhere in the Bose range, but does Bose qualify as a hifi speaker?  What are the rules here?  Minefield!

Does the Q Accoustics qualify at less than £500?  Well, the LS50 counts at £800, so I'll say yes.  Plus it's in What HiFi, it's a speaker, so definitely a HiFi speaker. 

Hifi_swolen takes the lead in this one! (as only entrant so far)   Also, where could you get accurate sales figures from?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Just had an email from Loud and Clear Hifi in Glasgow, Scotland saying they are having a Devialet day. Thu 21st April. They also said this.

"629 speakers can already benefit from the revolutionary SAM technology but if your speakers aren't on the list then this is your chance! Bring in your speakers to be analysed by the SAM engineer and see what they can do. We only need one of your speakers to perform the tests but you can bring both for a before and after demo of what SAM can add to their performance."

We’ll have the systems set up for listening all day and open doors from 4pm – 8pm; the Devialet chaps will be around all day too. Do let us know beforehand if you want to put your speakers through SAMLab so that we can book a time. RSVP on 0141 221 0221, email us or message us on Facebook.

As well as the awesome sounds, we’ll be serving up some vins fins, canapés and a selection of the finest French fromage…..
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2