Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone changed the factory fuse from his Devialet?
Yesterday I went to the local distributor of Synergistic Research, who presented to us, amongst other things, their new line of fuses, Synergistic Research Black fuses.

They claimed that the sound improves a lot by replacing the stock fuses with theirs.

I have a lot of friends that have replaced their stock fuses with Synergistic Research Red fuses (the previous line) and were quite impressed.

I am thinking of doing something similar, but with the new fuses.

Has anyone tried this on his amp? Do we have any feedback if there is actually an improvement?

Thank you!

Fragoulis
There are 2 fuses inside the dev afaik, both are smd fuses directly soldered onto circuit board so no fuse tweaking possible I guess
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(21-Apr-2016, 13:55)seasusa Wrote: Just a quick response. Yes I have used both the "Red" and now the "Black" Synergistic research fuses and they both made a significant difference to the sound. I personally dont think that the Black is far superior to the Red . Actually I have had a hard time discerning the difference. But I would say absolutely change the fuse, it is by no means a subtle difference in sound. The fuse is directional so you have to experiment a bit, but again you will know the correct direction as soon as you change it to the right one. I am not going to bore you with all the audiophile terms, but lets just say it improves on all the things that matters.

*Advice applies to changing the fuse in the mains cable.

Thank you for your reply. You changed the fuse by yourself or you went to your local dealer and asked him to change it?

Is the fuse soldered or not?

Can you tell me the specification of the fuse so as to order it from my local synergistic research dealer?

Thank you!

Fragoulis
Did someone try that in the meantime?
(10-Mar-2021, 23:22)markush Wrote: Did someone try that in the meantime?

Why would you? It's BS at best. 

The only way to change the sound of your amp by chaining fuses is by putting one in that can't handle the appropriate current; It'll blow and give you 'a lower noise floor'  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Mar-2021, 12:52)Pim Wrote:
(10-Mar-2021, 23:22)markush Wrote: Did someone try that in the meantime?

Why would you? It's BS at best. 

The only way to change the sound of your amp by chaining fuses is by putting one in that can't handle the appropriate current; It'll blow and give you 'a lower noise floor'  Big Grin

Exactly, there is no mechanism by which a fuse could have any influence on the audio frequency signal coming out of the device, so any change in sound heard will be entirely due to the placebo effect.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire