Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
I thought I would do a bit of forum tidying up and transfer OAC's Alasdair's recent post to it's rightful place here in events and shows.  I know that a few forum members are very familiar with Oxford Audio, but for those who are not, I can vouch they are one of the finest audio dealers in the land.  It is also worth noting that they have been Devialet dealers from the earliest days of the D-Premier, so they know their Devialets.

The key point though is that in the past they have put on some excellent events, friendly, fun and informal, but serious when it comes to the kit.  I am sure this event will be no different and well worth the effort to attend.

From Alasdair at Oxford Audio:

So, First Saturday of June. 11am until Close, informal Devialetchat open day at OAC to experiment with various methods of getting digital music into a Devialet.

I've managed to bag something new as well that will be something of a first-look for those interested. I'm embargoed from telling you what it is until the day but it's going to be a two box affair with clocking and all the trimmings.... oh and ROON integration too

Alasdair
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Oi! You lot, leave my iTunes thread alone! (Unless you are posting about highest possible sound quality from iTunes.)

I have started this fine and most lovely thread to cover the upcoming OAC super streamer with Devialet day. Post away here happy people!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Yes sir.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks for posting the date, Confused; I'm hoping to attend - will be good to meet some more of the folk from this forum, not to mention Alasdair's "big reveal"...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Apr-2016, 11:07)thumb5 Wrote: Thanks for posting the date, Confused; I'm hoping to attend - will be good to meet some more of the folk from this forum, not to mention Alasdair's "big reveal"...

Does attendance at this event require any form of registration or reservation ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I'm intending to go, I need to find something to replace my Pi with!

P.S. Two box and British sounds like Naim to me, and expensive.
(26-Apr-2016, 17:08)Soniclife Wrote: I'm intending to go, I need to find something to replace my Pi with!

P.S. Two box and British sounds like Naim to me, and expensive.

I am curious to find out. Anything to get away from AIR, although I am very pleased with my Pi
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Listen Gents;

Not all of us a just a short drive-with-a-stop-for-tea from the hallowed grounds of Oxford, so we'll be expecting a series of reports from you all. Even the lowly D120 owners are curious.

Actually I just realized that I'll be passing through Heathrow on 04 June en route to Italy... so close. However, actually getting through Heathrow may be a bigger trial than missing the OAC event.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Phew, certainly not going to complain about being busy but apologies to all for my absence on this thread. It's been a bit manic since getting back from my hols.

Right, no reservation or booking needed but a heads up would be great to keep track of numbers.

The name of the game is to show off the myriad ways of getting music out of your Devialet. I'll have the two rooms upstairs set up with as many of the front ends as I can muster and an O d'A for anyone that hasn't heard one yet. Our downstairs room will have a 120/200/400 and a network switch ready for anyone to show other forum members how they do it themselves.

As ever, Jon's fabled generosity will ensure that there will be drinks and nibbles.

I will open the doors at ten, all are welcome from opening but must excuse my foul language when our network doesn't work, Ipads are flat and everything is initially unresponsive. I'm pretty sure we have Gremlins that come out at night.

Regards

Alasdair
(27-Apr-2016, 11:34)oxfordaudio Wrote: Phew, certainly not going to complain about being busy but apologies to all for my absence on this thread. It's been a bit manic since getting back from my hols.

Right, no reservation or booking needed but a heads up would be great to keep track of numbers.

The name of the game is to show off the myriad ways of getting music out of your Devialet. I'll have the two rooms upstairs set up with as many of the front ends as I can muster and an O d'A for anyone that hasn't heard one yet. Our downstairs room will have a 120/200/400 and a network switch ready for anyone to show other forum members how they do it themselves.

As ever, Jon's fabled generosity will ensure that there will be drinks and nibbles.

I will open the doors at ten, all are welcome from opening but must excuse my foul language when our network doesn't work, Ipads are flat and everything is initially unresponsive. I'm pretty sure we have Gremlins that come out at night.

Regards

Alasdair

OK - I am hoping to come along. Are you running throughout the day, or is this just a morning session ?