Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Confused Countdown
It would appear that I have reached post #1999. Therefore, logic and mathematics dictate that my next post will hit the big 2000. In a way, I fail to see the significance of the number 2000, after all, no fuss was made at 1000. I also recall the year 2000 and the infamous millennium bug, and we all know what happened there, nothing as it turned out.

However, I think it is clear that IanG kicked this whole thing off in the spirit of injecting a bit of fun into the forum, and I have to say I am all for that! I think the mixture of information, observations, good advice, ideas, all morphed together with a bit of fun and humour is what makes this forum the place it is. Long may it continue!

So my next post will be the big 2000. Some of you that may know me better will know that I am an engineer by profession. So I can announce that this engineer is working very hard on post 2000 and it will be available soon........
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Dare I say "working feverishly"? Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Well I am a mathematician/statistician by training and my predicted date has already been missed by a day!

Confused brings a lot to this forum and this forum is invariably written in the right spirit, thanks in part to him.

Having just been reading another forum (now "What" was its name) it is refreshing to have this one around.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(19-May-2016, 12:16)Confused Wrote: It would appear that I have reached post #1999.  Therefore, logic and mathematics dictate that my next post will hit the big 2000.  In a way, I fail to see the significance of the number 2000, after all, no fuss was made at 1000.  I also recall the year 2000 and the infamous millennium bug, and we all know what happened there, nothing as it turned out.

However, I think it is clear that IanG kicked this whole thing off in the spirit of injecting a bit of fun into the forum, and I have to say I am all for that!  I think the mixture of information, observations, good advice, ideas, all morphed together with a bit of fun and humour is what makes this forum the place it is.  Long may it continue!

So my next post will be the big 2000.  Some of you that may know me better will know that I am an engineer by profession.  So I can announce that this engineer is working very hard on post 2000 and it will be available soon........

With anticipation running this high, it could be fun just to let people wait a few months for post #2000. Meanwhile, create a new account to start over Big Grin
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Would'nt it be great if Devialet contacted confused for him to use post 2000 to announce their anticipated new product, silly me, they don't have much interest in the forum that sings their praises.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(Damn, Eddye beat me to it.)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Gosh this thread has had 1190 views  Confused

One can almost hear the faint sound of a drum roll building up

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I'd say some would call it more exiting than the last episode of Game of Thrones Smile
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
This is a bit like we're all in a room waiting to say happy birthday but the birthday boy is nowhere to be seen. All the decorations are up and every time we think we can hear a car outside we turn off the lights and go quiet. But it ain't him.  Undecided

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
And, what is the present for the birthday boy? A D2000?