Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Confused Countdown
Like "Waiting for Godot" ?

Actually its more like waiting for the Oracle of Delphi to make a pronouncement Smile

I hope he doesn't just post '42' (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - the answer to life, the universe and everything)
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Wagers on whether Confused or Devialet can create more anticipation with rumors of something exciting coming "soon"?

I think I've been trained to salivate when I hear the word "soon" on this forum.
(19-May-2016, 12:16)Confused Wrote: It would appear that I have reached post #1999.  Therefore, logic and mathematics dictate that my next post will hit the big 2000.  In a way, I fail to see the significance of the number 2000, after all, no fuss was made at 1000.  I also recall the year 2000 and the infamous millennium bug, and we all know what happened there, nothing as it turned out.
A bit of topic, but since i was already working in software at that time, i can tell you that nothing happen because a lot of peoples took a lot of time to correct a huge amount of shitty old software before that date. But i can tell you that without that work, half the computer system of this planet would have stopped working at that time, creating a huge mess everywhere.
Next one will be in 2038, when the actual Unix time system will be running out of space. It will be obviously solved before it happen, because the consequence would be even worse.
(12-May-2016, 20:24)IfGuillaumeB Wrote: Actually Le Plus Grand Posteur (LPGP) is 11 posts away from earning himself a Devialet Chat polo shirt!!!

Big Grin

Guillaume

If you're serious about the availability of DChat polo shirts, maybe selling them might be a way of boosting the forum's coffers. I for one would definitely buy one!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvby tttttttttttgfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvc cxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvbcf cfrrrx444444444xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffjhnuhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjxgcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfhkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Genius! Smile I rounded off your other one for that too!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(20-May-2016, 08:41)Confused Wrote: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvby tttttttttttgfvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvc               cxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvbcf cfrrrx444444444xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffjhnuhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjxgcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfcfhkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Well, that's a confusing post  Big Grin

Congrats (?) Tongue
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Sorry. I fell asleep at the keyboard. I think I was getting a bit feverish during the work on my last post, or it may have been the millennium bug striking me again?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I immortalised it for you.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well what can I say but congratulations you are now the proud owner of a Devialet Chat polo shirt!

Will PM you to arrange delivery. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK