Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet air settings
(24-Apr-2017, 12:35)apichetk Wrote:
(29-Apr-2016, 00:59)hk6230 Wrote: AIR may not be working 100% but it is reasonably working well in my environment. My stress-test of playing 5 hours of non-stop high bitrate did eventually resulted in white noise, but on my normal playing situation of mainly CD-quality and mix of DSD64, 24/96 and 24/192 has hardly any problem at all.

Now that I have split my RoonServer and RoonBridge on two different machines, I have no worries of AIR crashing my Win10-based RoonServer. My RoonBridge and AIR 2.1.3 are run on a Win 8.1-based machine. To me, AIR is a great feature. Sound quality is exceptional.

And, @blair.athol: AIR can stream DSD64. This is 100% confirmed.
May I ask how you set Air to stream DSD64? Mine got resampled to 24/192. Thanks!

Devialet do not play DSD files directly
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(24-Apr-2017, 21:30)f1eng Wrote:
(24-Apr-2017, 12:35)apichetk Wrote:
(29-Apr-2016, 00:59)hk6230 Wrote: AIR may not be working 100% but it is reasonably working well in my environment. My stress-test of playing 5 hours of non-stop high bitrate did eventually resulted in white noise, but on my normal playing situation of mainly CD-quality and mix of DSD64, 24/96 and 24/192 has hardly any problem at all.

Now that I have split my RoonServer and RoonBridge on two different machines, I have no worries of AIR crashing my Win10-based RoonServer. My RoonBridge and AIR 2.1.3 are run on a Win 8.1-based machine. To me, AIR is a great feature. Sound quality is exceptional.

And, @blair.athol: AIR can stream DSD64. This is 100% confirmed.
May I ask how you set Air to stream DSD64? Mine got resampled to 24/192. Thanks!

Devialet do not play DSD files directly

I run Win10 with Roon/HQ Player (dsd over DoP)/AIR and I get DSD64 when I press the button on the remote to check what input I have.....then of course Devialet re-samples this to PCM inside but you should be able to stream DSD over Air but only with Windows I think not from a Mac.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I have fixed the issue now. I changed the setting in my HQPlayer from DSD64/44.1. Previously, it was also DSD64 but at a higher frequency. After the change, the Devialet screen on the machine showed DSD64. I use a Win 10 laptop.
System: Lenovo Laptop (Ethernet to router) >> Tidal/Hi-Res Files (M2 SSD) >> Roon >> HQPlayer (DSD64) >> Air (latest version) >> D800 (Ethernet to router) >> PMC Twenty5.26

Cable: Ethernet (Nordost Heimdall 2 / only for D800), Digital (Stock Crystal cable), Speaker (XLO Pro Series)

Router: Netgear Orbi (main Orbi connected to the laptop / satellite Orbi connected to the D800).  Each Orbi communicates wirelessly.