Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LPSU for NUC, NAS, etc
Just out of curiosity, I had tried using a LPSU for my NUC (Roon core) and now my NAS, don't seem to hear any significant improvement on the SQ. Could it be that both are network-based devices and hence, any improvement on SQ will be negated on the ethernet tranfer. Please share your experiences and I welcome your tips on how I can make it better.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

May b your weakest link is your router? My setup: Nas and auralic Aries mini connected to a cisco router. The cisco router connect to my wireless router. The Cisco is powered by a lpsu. I find the cisco's is sensitive to the dc power cable. It prefers silver. Just my experience for your reference.
Thanks, warpeon. And you do hear improvement(s) by doing so?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I am looking at a HD Plex PSU to drive my Fiberopticsconverter, router and NAS but perhaps that is no meaning with it? I have read so many coments about this on forums and some say they hear difrense but some say they dont.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

The difference for a suped up NAS (lpsu and ssd) isn't as pronounced as giving lpsu for the router/switch. I power my NAS and cisco switch by hd plex 100w duo output
I used keces 116 before. I found keces sound warmer but also operates at higher temp than hd plex. As I put these equip in a cabinet, the hd plex felt safer.
(01-May-2016, 13:06)warpeon Wrote: The difference for a suped up NAS (lpsu and ssd) isn't as pronounced as giving lpsu for the router/switch. I power my NAS and cisco switch by hd plex 100w duo output

What NAS are you using?

I need 5V 1.5A for the fiber converter, 19V 1.5A for the router and 12V 2A for my NAS so the HD Plex fits my needs very well.  But the heat is something that I have worried about so it is nice to hear that it doesn't get so warm
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I have a Synology 215+ with 1T Samsung evo 850 ssd
Am actually considering to get tg sotm fan filter for it... Not sure if I can fit inside