Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes 11.4 bug
Just to warn people that there seems to be a bug in the latest version of iTunes 11.4

I downloaded and installed the software today and got the error "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update." The vendor is, of course, Apple.

This problem apparently screws up iTunes synchronisation with iDevices via USB so be warned! I'm using 10.6.8 but there are reports of the same issue with later versions including Mavericks.

I searched various Apple forums and, as always, there are several different suggestions as to how the problem can be fixed but I have not seen any definitive statement from Apple.

If anyone does see an official statement or fix then it would be great if you could post it here. Thanks.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I had a major issue with an iTunes update earlier in the year. I have now got into the habit of ignoring updates for maybe two weeks, such that lots of other people find and report bugs, then Apple fix before I get 'round to updating. The Apple mantra used to be simple, intuitive stuff that just works. They have lost their way over the last couple of years. (Now, must go and check iPhone 6 prices)