Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel delay in firmware swapped?
Anyone used the channel delay setting in firmware?

I sit a bit closer to the left speaker, so when I did all my previous Dirac measurements it gave me a 0.31ms delay on the left channel to centre things up. All worked fine.

After I abandoned dirac temporarily (waiting for an update), I decided to put the delay into firmware so I got the benefit on other inputs. I did 310 microseconds in the configurator on the left channel and left it at that but to be honest I couldn't say it sounded as 'centred' as Dirac but just assumed that was because Dirac did other stuff. I never measured the results.

Roll on to today, I got my Dirac 1.2 update and re-measured everything from scratch. To my surprise, instead of a close to zero delay as I was expecting, it now says I need about .75ms delay - roughly double.

I've checked my speaker connections but seem to be OK so unless I've gone brain dead, as far as I can tell Devialet has the channel delays swapped round.  It's been such a long day and I'd already packed the mic and stands away so I can't be bothered to get it all out again and experiment/test with REW.

Getting to the point, does anyone else have a delay on a single channel, and does it seem to be applied correctly?

(Note the toe-in angle on my speakers changed fractionally since the original measurements but wouldn't have though the difference would be that much timings-wise)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Double checked speakers are definitely wired correctly. Right speaker is into the lefthand speaker connectors, as viewed from the rear.

I just remembered I recorded a few sweeps with REW at the end, with and without Dirac. Anyone know how to use REW to view channel relative delays?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<