Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD-CARD ERROR MESSAGE
I have a Devialet D400 and I am very familiar with the firmware upgrade/ config arrangements. The Master unit will only read one specific SD card (literally a single card), rejecting all others with the error message "CONTACT SUPPORT@devialet.COM  SD-CARD ERROR". The Slave unit will read all the SD cards I have (all are 4GB or less). It has been this way for most of this year and I would like to fix the problem so that I can use any SD card with the Master unit. Both Master and Slave units are running the latest firmware and all SD cards are formatted using MS-DOS (FAT) using the disc utility on a MAC running Yosemite. I suspect this problem may be caused by an internal clock issue - for example, the machine can only read SD cards formatted prior to a certain date (ie the one specific card), but this is only a guess. Has anyone had a similar experience?
I haven't had that issue, but I know it has been mentioned a few times. A search may find those threads, but I think they are a few months old.

I did copy the link that someone else posted, which is for a site that has a better, or more complete, or more accurate SD card formatting protocol. Possibly this will help.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I hate to say this, but from the investigation you've already done it sounds as though there might be a hardware problem with the SD interface in your master unit. Have you asked Devialet to help diagnose and resolve the problem?

Are you using any kind of SD card extender cable, or is the card plugged directly into the Devialet's socket?

You said "it has been this way for most of this year"...does that mean it used to work with all SD cards but has since stopped working with all but one?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-May-2016, 20:10)thumb5 Wrote: I hate to say this, but from the investigation you've already done it sounds as though there might be a hardware problem with the SD interface in your master unit.  Have you asked Devialet to help diagnose and resolve the problem?

Are you using any kind of SD card extender cable, or is the card plugged directly into the Devialet's socket?

You said "it has been this way for most of this year"...does that mean it used to work with all SD cards but has since stopped working with all but one?
Hello,
I have this issue for the longest time.  Contacted the agent here in Canada and posted several times here.  Finally I found the problem and solution(s). (x2)

1.  Firstly, I use Mac with the latest OS and that's one of the reasons.  The new Disk Utility works differently from the last version.  You HAVE to format the SD card in MS-DOS (FAT).  This didn't matter in the last OS version.

2.  If the method above didn't work, I format my SD card in a camera, Sony or Fuji, and then download the Devialet software into the SD card with your comnputer.

I now no longer have this issue thankfully.  That's after many months and and many attempts trying to find what the problem is.

Hopefully you will find the above suggestions work for you.

Cheers.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Giddy707, how does your suggested solution explain the OP's observation that the slave unit can read cards that the master unit can't, when master and slave are both running the same firmware?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
No I can't explain that. In my case, the two units behave differently just like yours.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Altus I would definitely try the SD Card Formatter mentioned above. If you go to their site there is some information on how using an OS to format the SD card may cause problems. It's a free program so there's nothing to loose. I use it regularly with an El Capitan Mac Mini and have had no problems with this computer or for a Raspberry Pi that I use as well.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
OK Gentlemen, I have come across a forum on the issues using Mac Disk Utilities to format SD cards and USB devices.
I had lots of issues with El Capitan Disk Utilities which I didn't have before prior to this OS update.
The problem is with the new Disk Utilities within El Capitan.

Here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/3q...t_work_on/

I have tried the method and it works.

Cheers.
Anyone had to replace the SD card reader in their D. The master unit displays an error message and cannot read any SD card. Tried the usual checks, alternate cards, reformating but the sad conclusion seems to be the reader is toast. Have a ticket into support.
I sure hope this doesn't involve a trip to the factory. Wonder if it could be user replaceable? Anyone have experience with this?
Bummed,
WDW
Hi - did the card work in the Dev before? Was it reformatted just prior to failure? Can you read the card in a PC/Mac?
I think a few people have had card reader failures unfortunately.