Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
What I heared is, that Devialet is working on internal streaming. It shell be out at the end of the year. More details should be available from on september as it has been told on the Highend in Munich last weekend. This information is from a reliable source.

BUT unfortunately this will only work with a new board to buy. So far what I have heared.

"Unlucky situation" as I am just thinking about buying an Aurender.

Not knowing, what Devialet will launch exactly and what sound quality it might have. And of course no clue concerning the costs for fully board upgrade.

Difficult to decide and probably worth waiting some more months.

On the other hand I wonder, if the new board upgrade will be cheaper than an Aurender N/X100 including a great App as well.
If they do this new board with streaming without ROON I dont think I will consider to buy it if this news is for real, I believe it when I see it.....
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I can't help thinking people with AIR problems should at least be eligible for a discount. Some people already paid up to £1000 for the AIR card as an extra which until very recently (and still not necessarily fixed for all) hasn't worked 100%.
I'm all for some proper gossip - people here are way too tight lipped - but it might be an idea not to drop anyone in it!
I'd suggest a little redaction in that post - I think good sources based on past posts are 'a friend', 'a chap in the Paris store', 'I received a message in a dream' . quick. before Devialet get there.

Mind you, details in Sept for something planned to be out at the end of the year.... mmmm.... I wouldn't delay any decisions based on that personally - that's a fair way off and very occasionally Devialet don't quite hit their own deadlines....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(12-May-2016, 15:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Some people already paid up to £1000 for the AIR card as an extra which until very recently (and still not necessarily fixed for all) hasn't worked 100%.

Did anyone ever get charged for the card? I thought it was on permanent 'free offer' or something.

I'm guessing this is a general upgrade is on board processing power to allow them to do all sorts of stuff the current hardware would be stretched doing currently.
(12-May-2016, 16:11)Soniclife Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Some people already paid up to £1000 for the AIR card as an extra which until very recently (and still not necessarily fixed for all) hasn't worked 100%.

Did anyone ever get charged for the card? I thought it was on permanent 'free offer' or something.

I'm guessing this is a general upgrade is on board processing power to allow them to do all sorts of stuff the current hardware would be stretched doing currently.

dCS have just done something similar with their Vivaldi Upsampler streamer. I would expect Devialet to do the same at some point.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(12-May-2016, 16:11)Soniclife Wrote:

Good point, I've no idea. I reckon Devialet would have had fewer sales originally if it was known how poor AIR (version 2) streaming was then though. It would've swayed my choice away from Devialet (though I'd probably still have bought one!).
So what I've heard is true about this streamer thing. Still very fuzzy though and how it will work.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Yay, this is what I guessed! Wink http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...7#pid40567

I'm hoping for it to be special but I'm not yet confident it'll be just that or near it. There's so much fierce competition in this field and advancements are going so fast I'm doubting Devialet knows all the new tricks yet. For me personally it would need to tick off a lot of boxes on a long list of demands.

@Nightmare, perhaps a cheaper microRendu will fit the bill in the mean time?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
The WiFi board was initially quoted as an option, but almost immediately offered as a bonus for a limited period, and ended being blended-ar no extra cost, in the product.
I do not remember air being tied to a specific board, nor being at cost.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium