Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB connection undetected
Exclamation 
Dear All,

Since the end of April I am a happy owner of a brand new Devialet 200.
I play music via AIR connection (JRiver software / MacBook Air), which works pretty good.

Now, the time has come to check the USB socket ... and the problem has appeared; simply Devialet cannot detect the USB connection (and it does not matter if I plug Mac or Windows 10 comp.). The USB indicator on Devialet screen stays "grey". I've already checked my computers and USB cabel itself and, to be honest, I got stuck.

Any ideas?

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Mike
Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Have you disabled AIR and set to USB in Settings > Sounds ?
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(14-May-2016, 09:29)Petter Wrote: Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?

If he gets USB as a choice, it is configured. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-May-2016, 09:29)Petter Wrote: Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?

I have made couple changes (in/out settings) when updating the Dev software, however the USB socket has not been modified. Should it be?
(14-May-2016, 09:32)canyelles Wrote: Have you disabled AIR and set to USB in Settings > Sounds ?

If you thing about Dev AIR settings of course I can disconnect AIR but I do not have the USB option tu turn on.

The point is that f.ex. Wind 10 recognises Dev (it is listed in connected devices / other devices) immediately.
It seems me the problem is on Dev side - it does not see USB device (USB is marked with gey colour).
Mike,

If you can choose USB on the Devialet and you have it set as an output on your computer then it should work. If not, I would give my dealer a ring if I were you. You've used two different computers and to check the cable you could just use it as a printer cable just to be sure. I'd say there's not much more you could have done. Except from coming here and say hello Wink

Good luck!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Dear All,

Thank you for your support.
Finally, I identified the problem.

Reg, M
(17-May-2016, 07:14)MIKE Wrote: Dear All,

Thank you for your support.
Finally, I identified the problem.

Reg, M

I think it would be helpful if you share what the problem is.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
@Mike - I m also curious to note how you resolved the issue.

Cable - Is important. Initially i had a stupid cable. I simply modified the cable it worked. Then i went to AQ JitterBug + AQ USB Cable > could get outstanding SQ (comparable to AIR3 new protocol)
Other things - MacBook > Settings > Sound > Devialet USB checked for output (i m sure this is already done)
streaming - Roon/iTunes/Audirvana? what are you using ? anything to be done there?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"