Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers for Devialet 200
I am fairly new to this forum. I recently bought Devialet 200 and still experimenting  on the speakers. I currently use Def Tech 8060  with Transparent super cables. I am not satisfied with the quality of sound probably because of my speakers. I have narrowed down to either FOCAL SOPRA2 or REVEL ULTIMA STUDIO2. I auditioned the Focal Sopra2, hooked up to Devialet 200 and it sounded amazing. But I am not able to audition the Revel studio2 as I don't have dealer in my city. I have to rely on reviews. 
Would anyone from this forum have heard the Revel studio2 ? I came across a used 2 year old Revel Studio2 for $9000 CAD while the  new ones are $26000CAD. While the Focal sopar2 is being sold for $15,000 CAD new. I am torn between the choices. 
I mainly listen to Jazz, classical and instrumental. I know there are many audiophile in this form and would appreciate their inputs.
Trust your own ears.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Personally, i love the sopras.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Hi vishu,

I don't know where in this land you are located, so it is difficult to say listen to this speaker or that speaker. It appears that your budget allows for a wide range of speaker choices, but I do agree with abcd that it really is about your own ears, and your personal preferences. I've loved ProAc's, Neat and now Lawrence Audio speakers. I have not heard either of the speakers you mention, but you should also consider Magico if you are in that price range; we have a very good Magico dealer in Vancouver, (who also sells Devialet) but that may be many kilometres from where you are.

If you are not into rock then something with delicacy and tone may be more important than slam; Harbeth? Fidelity Acoustics ( a BC company) may be worth considering.

I once bought speakers based on reviews; that was a mistake, so I would not recommend that you do that. It would be better to spend some time and money and time and travel if necessary. Speakers are so personal; you can collect opinions but there is no perfect speaker that does everything for everybody.

But welcome!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I think he was in Calgary. His original post was a couple months back and just got bumped by abcd. He hasn't visited since.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2