Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News for ML owners
Folks

I received the following email today from devialet and I guess it applies to all ML's with active bass.

"Hello,

A few weeks ago, you voted on voteforsam.devialet.com website for your speakers MARTIN LOGAN – ETHOS to be one of the next models to be soon supported by Devialet’s Speaker Active Matching (SAM). We would like to thank you for your vote and your support in SAM project.

As promised, we engaged all steps in order to realize your speakers SAM profile.

However the ETHOS including a bass subwoofer, their electronics impose a high cut frequency, i.e. a low frequencies reduction.

Furthermore they already have an active amplifier which doesn’t benefit of the ADH, a technology that you can only find in a Devialet.

Unfortunately this low frequency behavior and the lack of ADH technology are currently not SAM compatible.

Be ensure that the entire SAM engineers team is working on the feasibility to make electrostatics panels SAM ready, in order for you benefit from this technology as soon as possible.

We would like to thank you once more for your commitment and your support in this new technologic adventure.

I stay at your disposal should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Judith Vincent-Heurtaux
DEVIALET
La Maison - 126 rue Réaumur - 75002 Paris - France
Tel: +33 1 44 88 27 22
judith.vincent-heurtaux@devialet.com
www.devialet.com

`

Don’t forget to vote for SAM on
http://voteforsam.devialet.com"

Think that clarifies - unfortunately leaving us ML owners in the rain ( at least for the moment ) - any way I am still convinced the the combination of devialet and ML is still miles ahead of most 'samed' conventional speakers.

Cheers
Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
Hi Henry,
I don't think this was a surprising outcome, given the technology in the ML hybrids. And I fully agree with your second point. Good to hear you're enjoying the Dev + ML combo.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Yes, I spoke to the team of Devialet, and they confirm that all Martin Logans with active subwoofer can't be SAMed...
(15-Sep-2014, 21:44)darthsteph Wrote: Yes, I spoke to the team of Devialet, and they confirm that all Martin Logans with active subwoofer can't be SAMed...

Given the way SAM is implemented no other speaker with an active bass section will be able to be SAMmed either.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

You could SAM a passive subwoofer (or rather Devialet could) .... Might be quite good, i.e. a true flat response to 20hz, you could maybe use a single 200 in 400w mono configuration, although this would make for a rather expensive subwoofer.
(16-Sep-2014, 13:05)f1eng Wrote: Given the way SAM is implemented no other speaker with an active bass section will be able to be SAMmed either.

Agreed.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Wink 
+1 ! Wink