Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 3 Sound Quality Observations
(19-Jul-2016, 19:02)sam1000 Wrote: Is there a way to get older firmware.. i.e. 7.1.3?
I'm new to Devialet and upgraded the firmware to 9.1 as soon as I got the unit few days ago. I did upgrade to AIR3 and it's fantastic with 9.1 compared to Squeezebox touch with EDO as a transport. I was looking to get Aurender N100H, but not sure how much improvement would I get compared to AIR3. Looks like consensus here it to use 7.1.3 with AIR3

Not sure what the consensus is, but for what it is worth I have been using 9.1 & AIR3 flawlessly for quite some time now.

I believe someone around here will be able to send you a link on firmware 7.1.3
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Here's a copy of 7.1.3 on my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37I6R9...sp=sharing

Bear in mind the current configurator on devialet.com is for the current firmware version and it's quite likely any config file you generate with it might not work with 7.1.3. With no config file you'll get all the default settings and all sources enabled.
(19-Jul-2016, 19:33)baddog Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 19:02)sam1000 Wrote: Is there a way to get older firmware.. i.e. 7.1.3?
I'm new to Devialet and upgraded the firmware to 9.1 as soon as I got the unit few days ago. I did upgrade to AIR3 and it's fantastic with 9.1 compared to Squeezebox touch with EDO as a transport. I was looking to get Aurender N100H, but not sure how much improvement would I get compared to AIR3. Looks like consensus here it to use 7.1.3 with AIR3

Not sure what the consensus is, but for what it is worth I have been using 9.1 & AIR3 flawlessly for quite some time now.

I believe someone around here will be able to send you a link on firmware 7.1.3

Tested AIR3 at a friends place a while ago who is using 7.1.3 and it was magical!
Much better then AIR2. We did several A/B tests. Enjoy! And let us know wether you like it or not.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(19-Jul-2016, 20:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Here's a copy of 7.1.3 on my Google Drive.

Bear in mind the current configurator on devialet.com is for the current firmware version and it's quite likely any config file you generate with it might not work with 7.1.3.  With no config file you'll get all the default settings and all sources enabled.

I'm using 7.1.3 and the currunt configurator. Seems to work fine.
I am updating older config files though that were originally created around fw 8.1.2 or so (exactly a year ago).
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(19-Jul-2016, 20:44)Cylob Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 20:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Here's a copy of 7.1.3 on my Google Drive.

Bear in mind the current configurator on devialet.com is for the current firmware version and it's quite likely any config file you generate with it might not work with 7.1.3.  With no config file you'll get all the default settings and all sources enabled.

I'm using 7.1.3 and the currunt configurator. Seems to work fine.
I am updating older config files though that were originally created around fw 8.1.2 or so (exactly a year ago).

The configurator always creates a new configuration file, not sure what you mean by updating old config files.

Any way, the version of firmware currently on your Devialet is never input into the configuration tool so it's always creating a config files for the latest and greatest firmware.  Obviously it sounds like they still work with older firmwares.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Thank you!  Will try the 7.1.3. 
As I said, even with 9.1, it sounds awesome. Much better than AIR2.3