Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
3.0.2 RC is out
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Default audio device bug not fixed of course. And they dare to call it RC.
Depressing!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
My Windows 7 freezes with RC3.0.2 at the moment when Devialet fails to switch sampling rate. Happened twice in a row! Rolled back to 3.0.1.
Installed 3.0.1 on my Mac. Problem with TIDAL and then white noise within a minute. Back to the Antipodes!
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(09-Dec-2016, 14:38)AaronG Wrote: Installed 3.0.1 on my Mac. Problem with TIDAL and then white noise within a minute. Back to the Antipodes!

Aaron

Is there any reason when you think AIR would take over from your DX. Genuine question as I've just recently got a DS, and now upgrading my D-Premiers to pair of 250Pro's (1st D-P upgrade returned today and sounds great)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(09-Dec-2016, 14:50)Celts88 Wrote:
(09-Dec-2016, 14:38)AaronG Wrote: Installed 3.0.1 on my Mac. Problem with TIDAL and then white noise within a minute. Back to the Antipodes!

Aaron

Is there any reason when you think AIR would take over from your DX. Genuine question as I've just recently got a DS, and now upgrading my D-Premiers to pair of 250Pro's (1st D-P upgrade returned today and sounds great)

No. I have two setups, so I was hoping to use Air with the Devialet/GP set up and use the Antipodes with the Grimm. In my experience the Antipodes sounds best, but Air sounds quite good when it is working.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I've got Roon so jump about seeing which output zone I fancy. Yes, agree AIR doesn't sound to bad (when it works)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Works fine with me
MacBook Pro >>> Roon >>> Air >>> Apple Airport >>> Ethernet cable >>> Dev