Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
(24-May-2016, 07:32)ledesc Wrote: FYI, I'm still waiting (1 week) for an answer from the support, no comment nor communication received...

Here is what I did receive from Devialet Support on my question when to expect a Windows version of Air working on Windows 10:

Devialet Support

Thank you for your message. 
On this case we can only ask patience from our users. 
AIR 2 is not compatible with windows 10 as it is marked on our website. 
AIR 3 will be compatible with windows 10 once it is not in beta stage anymore; 
We will let everyone know once air 3 final release is available. 

HAHE
thanks for your reply - acknowledging Devialet can not / does not want to share release dates for Air 3 on Windows would it be possible to a least give some idea whether we are talking about weeks or months to get a properly working Windows 10 version in place. As you might know Microsoft offer to upgrade to Windows 10 from version 7 or 8 without cost is ending on JUN 30 2016 (the main driver for me and possibly others to move to that release) and Windows 10 was launched globally on JUL 29 2015. Understanding it takes some time to release a version also supporting a new OS a year after release date might be a good point in time.

Devialet Support
The engineers did not communicate anything at all on this release with us, so my next answer is totally personal and guessing, please be aware of this. 
My guess is it will not be a matter of weeks, but rather months, more than 2 I definitely think. 

So I think the best we can do is to open support tickets on an individual base so the demand is visible to Devialet and some presure put on them to get this resolved
Coincidentally, my guess is also 'months, more than 2 I definitely think.' Although in my case, a lot more than 2!

Anyway, as a suggestion Devialet have their own 'mini-forum' for AIR, I am always surprised at how little it gets used, I guess because Devialet hardly ever respond on it. However, it is their website, so they can hardly ignore it totally. Get posting guys!

Link as follows:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...hite-noise-

And good work pestering Devialet hahe !
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have been using AIR 2.1.3 on a Windows 10 machine for 8 months or so with no issues. . .
Great.
So you might like the improved SQ of version 3 Smile
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
I'm so done with them. What a bunch of slackers...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Can't quite believe that Devialet reply sent to hahe.

It suggests AIR3 Windows is in beta already but we have not seen it. Though we have seen AIR3 Mac and it is superb.

And then to go on to expose internal non-communication within Devialet is just so unprofessional. As is rounding off with a totally uniformed guess.

Can you imagine communicating with a premium car brand like Porsche or Mercedes and getting this sort of reply?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(24-May-2016, 18:47)IanG-UK Wrote: Can't quite believe that Devialet reply sent to hahe.

It suggests AIR3 Windows is in beta already but we have not seen it. Though we have seen AIR3 Mac and it is superb.

And then to go on to expose internal non-communication within Devialet is just so unprofessional. As is rounding off with a totally uniformed guess.

Can you imagine communicating with a premium car brand like Porsche or Mercedes and getting this sort of reply?

Very well said Ian!  Thinking about it, it is absolutely outrageous.  One thing, I do doubt it is actually in beta.  Has anyone here seen or heard about a beta version?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(24-May-2016, 16:24)Confused Wrote: Coincidentally, my guess is also 'months, more than 2 I definitely think.'  Although in my case, a lot more than 2!

Anyway, as a suggestion Devialet have their own 'mini-forum' for AIR, I am always surprised at how little it gets used, I guess because Devialet hardly ever respond on it.  However, it is their website, so they can hardly ignore it totally.  Get posting guys!

Link as follows:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...hite-noise-

And good work pestering Devialet hahe !

I'm using too and no problem.
(21-May-2016, 09:18)Womaz Wrote: AIR always sounded great to me ......for the 20 minutes or so I actually got to listen to it before the white noise.

Pleased for you guys that have been so patient and I hope it works for you. Me I have moved on and won't go back to AIR as I wasted far too much time on it.

Just to add though it's not only Devialet that frustrate. When I bought the Melco nearly 8 months ago now I was told the app was imminent :-)

Womaz, perhaps you should ask Melco if they're 'feverishly' working on it right now - it might give a better idea of when it's likely to appear... Smile

All well with the Olympica's?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well, we're in June, nothing about the windows version.....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -