Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can my set up be improved?
@Novak - I managed to find Bruno Pronsato's 'lovers do' album on Spotify. Did it make my speakers shake? No, but KEF Blades are quite good at this sort of thing, with opposed side firing bass drivers. However, I have to say, this album is insane! Although the SAM'd Blades were immune, it did make one or two things in the room shake, and more worryingly the inside of my brain too.
And this was at lowish volume, it late here, people in bed. I'll try it with a decent volume earlier tomorrow, with A&E on speed dial on my phone, just in case. Probably "not my cup of tea" as you say, but I will definitely be buying a copy rather than relying on miserable bit rate Spotify. Good stuff!
(17-Sep-2014, 22:49)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Sep-2014, 22:48)Confused Wrote: It's a fine line between genius and insanity.....

Nicely put! Big Grin

Guillaume

Bernard Woolley in Yes Prime Minister: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it. I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist Smile
(19-Sep-2014, 01:05)Georgethesixth Wrote: Bernard Woolley in Yes Prime Minister: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it. I have an independent mind, you are an eccentric, he is round the twist Smile

Genius! Just about sums up the views in the cable & computer optimising debates. Anyway, if it sounds good to you, stay independently minded everyone!
(18-Sep-2014, 22:32)Confused Wrote: @Novak - I managed to find Bruno Pronsato's 'lovers do' album on Spotify. Did it make my speakers shake? No, but KEF Blades are quite good at this sort of thing, with opposed side firing bass drivers. However, I have to say, this album is insane! Although the SAM'd Blades were immune, it did make one or two things in the room shake, and more worryingly the inside of my brain too.
And this was at lowish volume, it late here, people in bed. I'll try it with a decent volume earlier tomorrow, with A&E on speed dial on my phone, just in case. Probably "not my cup of tea" as you say, but I will definitely be buying a copy rather than relying on miserable bit rate Spotify. Good stuff!

I can imagine! He's pretty good on his production, as well as someone like Nicholas Jaar. A lot of electronic is badly produced so it's refreshing to hear these artists.
@Novak - agreed, very good production. With stuff like this I can confirm bass with SAM, zero distortion. Good stuff!