Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet starts playing at volume level -12
(25-May-2016, 21:58)Bartype Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 11:28)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I can see I asked exactly the same question back in September 2014 on the jRiver forum! And no answers...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...ic=91503.0

From memory the problem *might* have been me setting Audio Device -> Device Settings... -> Maximise device volume during playback.   I currently don't have that checked.
My Volume settings are

Volume mode: Disabled Volume
Volume Protection: unticked
Maximum volume: 100

Great, thank you guys! It was the 'Maximise device volume during playback setting'! A lot better this way!

Seems like you're lucky it 'only' went to -12 then Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
And damn if this didn't happen to me today for the first time.

Windows 10, RoonServer, AIR3 Windows Beta, D400.

Only change was a unplanned Windows 10 update.

Now I have to figure out where it all went so wrong.

Each new song kicks the volume up to -12.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(06-Aug-2016, 06:15)baddog Wrote: And damn if this didn't happen to me today for the first time.

Windows 10, RoonServer, AIR3 Windows Beta, D400.

Only change was a unplanned Windows 10 update.

Now I have to figure out where it all went so wrong.

Each new song kicks the volume up to -12.

Ok might be self inflicted user error because around that time I switched laptops and had to re configure the AUDIO settings for the Devialet in Roon.

Besides setting Roon to fixed volume I also enabled "Set Max Device Volume at Playback Start".

Which turns out to be the culprit which was swinging the volume setting -12.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Interesting. The setting that does it in JRiver (I'm pretty sure anyway) is 'Maximise device volume during playback'.
(which i probably said earlier in the post and I'm repeating myself - sign of old age).