Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Problems with Air 3
Anyone else had any problems with Air 3? 

I should say straight away that Air 2.1.3 has worked perfectly for me and I have been very happy with it. 

I downloaded Air 3 and was blown away by the improvement in SQ - far bigger leap in performance than any of the firmware upgrades IMO. 

However, it does crash after about 5 minutes of listening - totally freezes so that only a visit to Activity Monitor or a reboot will fix it. 

I've reverted back to 2.1.3, which is behaving very nicely, but am missing the SQ  Sad
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I do encounter some issues with AIR3 but not the same problem as yours. For me, AIR3 breaks up while playing and has some kind of 'bzzzz' sound occasionally. I wonder could it because my Mac Mini (late 2009 A1283 model) is too old and 4GB of main memory is insufficient. I wanted to compare the SQ of AIR2.1.3 and AIR3.0b but the unreliability is making it impossible for now.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(26-May-2016, 18:02)ozthepoz Wrote: Anyone else had any problems with Air 3? 

I should say straight away that Air 2.1.3 has worked perfectly for me and I have been very happy with it. 

I downloaded Air 3 and was blown away by the improvement in SQ - far bigger leap in performance than any of the firmware upgrades IMO. 

However, it does crash after about 5 minutes of listening - totally freezes so that only a visit to Activity Monitor or a reboot will fix it. 

I've reverted back to 2.1.3, which is behaving very nicely, but am missing the SQ  Sad

Tell us more about your system. It has been rock solid for me, with only an occasionally less then one second drop out in sound every third of fourth day.

My system is Mac Mini, Late 2012 model with 16GB RAM, SSD boot drive, i7 quad core processor, El Capitan, running headless. Music either on NAS, or on an SD card (64GB) and USB stick (128GB) plugged into the Mac Mini.

Mac Mini connected via ethernet, D400 connected via ethernet. Running RoonServer on Mac Mini.

Have you made sure to use something like CCleaner to remove all traces of earlier versions of AIR ( i.e. 2.1.3) on the system when using 3 Beta?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(27-May-2016, 05:18)baddog Wrote:

Tell us more about your system. It has been rock solid for me, with only an occasionally less then one second drop out in sound every third of fourth day.

My system is Mac Mini, Late 2012 model with 16GB RAM, SSD boot drive, i7 quad core processor, El Capitan, running headless. Music either on NAS, or on an SD card (64GB) and USB stick (128GB) plugged into the Mac Mini.

Mac Mini connected via ethernet, D400 connected via ethernet. Running RoonServer on Mac Mini.

Have you made sure to use something like CCleaner to remove all traces of earlier versions of AIR ( i.e. 2.1.3) on the system when using 3 Beta?
Hi baddog

I'm using a new macbook with the latest version of OSX. Music is stored on a synology, plugged into an airport extreme. The extreme is ethernet linked into my 250. 

As I mentioned 2.1.3 worked perfectly for me, but I do think there may be something in the earlier versions of Air getting in the way. I'll try that and see how I get on.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(28-May-2016, 08:55)ozthepoz Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 05:18)baddog Wrote:

Hi baddog

I'm using a new macbook with the latest version of OSX. Music is stored on a synology, plugged into an airport extreme. The extreme is ethernet linked into my 250. 

As I mentioned 2.1.3 worked perfectly for me, but I do think there may be something in the earlier versions of Air getting in the way. I'll try that and see how I get on.
Tried a couple of re-installs etc but still Air 3 crashes after 2-3 minutes. Will log it with Devialet but would be interested to know if anyone else is having this particular problem.
AIR 3 Beta for Mac

A whole topic on AIR3 beta with your possible solution...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
There s no AIR3 on my account in devialet website???? I have only 2.1.3????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've found that AIR3 crashes my Mac whenever the connection to the Devialet is interrupted while streaming. With the spotty connection of the built-in wifi card (line-of-sight to my Airport Extreme at the other end of the bedroom), this takes as little as walking past the amp such that the line-of-sight is broken. I've had much better success connecting the Devialet via ethernet (despite going through a wireless bridge using an Airport Express)
(29-May-2016, 14:52)j22 Wrote: I've found that AIR3 crashes my Mac whenever the connection to the Devialet is interrupted while streaming. With the spotty connection of the built-in wifi card (line-of-sight to my Airport Extreme at the other end of the bedroom), this takes as little as walking past the amp such that the line-of-sight is broken. I've had much better success connecting the Devialet via ethernet (despite going through a wireless bridge using an Airport Express)

Hi, how did you downloaded AIR3 ?
(29-May-2016, 16:03)samsoum Wrote:
(29-May-2016, 14:52)j22 Wrote: I've found that AIR3 crashes my Mac whenever the connection to the Devialet is interrupted while streaming. With the spotty connection of the built-in wifi card (line-of-sight to my Airport Extreme at the other end of the bedroom), this takes as little as walking past the amp such that the line-of-sight is broken. I've had much better success connecting the Devialet via ethernet (despite going through a wireless bridge using an Airport Express)

Hi, how did you downloaded AIR3 ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv5x51atsfzfsb...a.dmg?dl=0
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)