Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Problems with Air 3
(02-Jun-2016, 14:48)samsoum Wrote: Thks guys for the help, i ve tried AIR 3 again! Firstable i tried itunes as advised and worked fine, then i ve tried jriver 19 with my usual settings,and with the same recommended  settings for roon, then roon with the recommended settings and all crashed!! Some after one track others after 45ss!! Sound quality i was choked how good it was! Openness in every aspects highs , mids, specially bass!
I just checked 2 tracks with i tunes and worked fine but sound wise comparing specially to jriver it s night and day! Anything else i can try??? Thks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you are using Roon and AIR 3 on your Mac, do you have both AIR3 and Roon set to start automatically at startup? If yes, which loads first, I recommend loading AIR3 first, what are your AIR3 settings? Do you have it set to stream immediately and set for ethernet? What buffer size do you have set?

Anything else in your Startup items besides Roon and AIR3?

Next are you using Roon or RoonServer, if Roon, can you try RoonServer instead?

Lastly on the Roon configuration, it would help if you could post your settings, perhaps we might see something different that is not obvious.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Ok guys here it is: AIR3 is on first , then start roon from dock,i don t know honestly what items i have on start up.
Roon settings:
Use exclusive mode on
Use integer mode on
Use max hardware buffer size
Use power of 2
Max sample: up to 192
Max bits per sample:32
Dsd playback: convert to pcm
Now AIR 3
Target device buffer: 1000 ms
And to finish , on AIR3,i don t know if this is normal but there s no way to control bpm like air 2.1.3 ( 44.1;88;.....etc...) thks

Baddog, how i use roonserver instead of roon
My roon is 1.2(build142) stable(64bit)

I installed roonserver,started with AIR3 first then roonserver, same settings, crossing fingers........ 2m18s .........
7 tracks so far......... aie aie aie

Cristal clear, rock solid, fantastic sound improvement, much better than thru aq usb +jitterbug,amazing AIR3;many thks to you guys for the help!
Nb: my dev200 just came from dev paris 2 days ago and showing firmware
9.0.2 ;only 9.0.1 on web.

Nice job! Fingers crossed it keeps on working for you with RoonServer.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Guys, this may have been discussed but just in case: to those Mac people who got Air3 working, I have an old MBPro with 10.6.8 that I've been using to stream music to the Dev. As I said elsewhere, I sometimes use USB, sometimes Air 2.1.3, which works well for me. Do you think Air3 will work in such an old OS? Should I update my OS to something newer to be able to use it? I'm being offering a straight to El Capitan upgrade...

Thanks!

L

MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Not sure if it will work or not since I am using El Capitan, safest bet seems to try it on your current OS to see if it works first.

I would try that first prior to upgrading to El Capitan ( which should be a free upgrade for you anyway ).
SXSW, US
So RoonServer is more stable than Roon?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
I would not call it more stable, rather it consumes less system resources than running Roon as the music server. Thus it is more efficient.
SXSW, US