Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
streaming and booklets
One thing I always have not liked about streaming of hd-files is the missing of the booklet. When listening to music it is sometimes nice to view the booklet and this is not possible with the itunes remote app, that controls my Mac mini. I don´t know if other control apps with other programs have the ability to show the booklet of the streamed album, given that there is a booklet. I use Mac mini / itunes / AIR ethernet and that does a perfectly satisfying job for me in terms of sound quality and practical value.
I also noticed the fact, that more and more albums can be downloaded with a booklet, mainly a pdf-file.

Maybe that the most of you have the same, or another, better method to handle this, so please share!

So this is my method now:
I drag the booklet pdf-file into my dropbox. (Made a directory tree booklets/artist/album but one directory would do also)
You have to have a dropbox account (it is free up to 2GB or so, that will do nicely for a lot of booklets). You have to have the dropbox app on your mac (or PC) and on your iPad.
If I like to view the booklet, I open the dropbox app on my iPad and have instant access to the booklet in full screen.
(Maybe I scan the booklets of my ripped CD´s, at least the new bought ones.)
Viewing the booklets on the iPad is much better and more convenient as to pull the paper out of the CD-jewel case. Well, vinyl covers are even better.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
JRiver+JRemote don't support this as well and if I remember correctly Foobar+MonkeyMote(HD) don't either. It would make a nice request for enhancement though, I think I will submit it with JRiver. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands