Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adieu / Farewell
I've enjoyed my Devialet 200 for the past 1.5 years and all-in-all, it's a great integrated amp with a very high WAF.

However, I've had a love affair with McIntosh since the late 80's and over the past few months, I've been auditioning & comparing different McIntosh integrated amps to my Devialet 200 in my home with my various sources & my ProAc speakers (my local McIntosh dealer has been extremely patient with me over the past few months).

To my tired old ears, the Devialet has always sounded a little too bright, dry, alive and digital. I know lots will disagree but that's always been my experience/impression. When comparing the sound to McIntosh, I find it more analog, laid back, relaxing and brings me back to those good old days when I first heard McIntosh.

So on the weekend, I traded in my Devialet 200 integrated amp for a McIntosh MAC6700 stereo receiver. This model is only sold in North America but is the equivalent to the McIntosh MA6700 integrated amp that is sold overseas, except the MAC6700 comes preconfigured with a built-in tuner.

So I'd like to take this time to thank all of you on this great forum that have taken the time to share their experiences, pics and provided some excellent advise!

Adieu / Farewell and keep on listening to music & enjoying your systems as life is just too short...
Just admit it. You just like the blue lights don't you? :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
No need for the adieu/farewell! Once a DC member always a DC member, in fact please share your experiences with the McIntosh on here.   Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I've been a McIntosh fan for many years and have owned their amps twice over the years.  I've not tried their integrateds and would love to hear a comparison of it to the Devialet.... relative strengths & weaknesses.   One thing you can say about McIntosh, they've been a survivor and cornerstone of this industry having started back in 1949!

Let us know your thoughts after you've had a little time with it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yeah, samurai7595, please do share your McIntosh experience here. My friend owned the MC6900 model and it sounded great with Classical music. And, of course, like the blue lights, too.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Yes, there's no need to apologies. I too have owned McIntoshes over the years. I don't think it's a question which is "better". It's different and sometimes I do long for the tube sound, sometimes I wish I can just switch out and enjoy things different.
Please do cont. to share with us your experience.

Cheers
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Samurai

Please stay in touch, it's all about the music and the experience
we all would like to know about your new toy, a real nice toy.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Good luck with your Mac, buddy. And remember: It's all about the music!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
the question is what really makes the difference. The Devialet strongly depends on the source. If you use AIR or a simple USB connection it will not deliver 100%. If the Mac is driven by some good CD-Player or Streamer then this can make the difference. So knowing the source is important for this comparison. The differences between digital sources can be much bigger than the differences between amps.
I went the other way from Macintosh mc452 to le200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
D200/Audio Physic Tempo 25 (SAM)/Roon+Tidal