Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help need, D400 as preamp only
could you use the D400 for the mids and highs and a power amp to run the low(bass) ???
(04-Sep-2016, 23:11)dylanttt Wrote: could you use the D400 for the mids and highs and a power amp to run the low(bass) ???

I don't see why not, providing your speakers had three pairs of binding posts.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
DO you think it will sound any good.the amp i hand in mind Anthem M 1
(05-Sep-2016, 23:27)dylanttt Wrote: DO you think it will sound any good.the amp i hand in mind Anthem M 1

I couldn't say. If you're buying the Anthem new, then it would be best to have a good listen with the Devialets before you decide to buy, which will be the only way of finding out if it will work and, what it sounds like.
It's an expensive way of achieving a good sound. What's wrong with using only the Devialet amps?
Personally, if I were unhappy with the sound of my D400, I'd be looking at changing the speakers.
Do you have any speakers yet? Do you have the 400s? It might be a good idea to set up your signature, so that we can see what gear you have.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England