Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using iFi USB cables & their products ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKP1NAqvvJ4

I am keen to know if anyone is using :

1. iFi Mercury USB cable

2. iFi iUSB-Power OR micro iUSB 3.0

3. iFi Gemini USB cable

4. iPurifier OR iPurifier2
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I had used their iUSBpower, iPurifier and Mercury USB cable. I also used their iDSD nano and iTube. I sold them as I wanted to clear out the clutters. Now I have a very clean and neat amplifier shelf.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(31-May-2016, 13:06)hk6230 Wrote: I had used their iUSBpower, iPurifier and Mercury USB cable. I also used their iDSD nano and iTube. I sold them as I wanted to clear out the clutters. Now I have a very clean and neat amplifier shelf.

So, in short, I confer - do without them ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I'm coming and going between USB and Air ETH connection between my computer and the Dev. When using USB I do use an iUSB (the old one, no the 3). My first experience with it was an eye (ear?) opener, it made a huge difference. Now I also use a Regen at the other (amp) end and I suspect there isn't that much of a difference now. In other words, the Regen does everything itself and there shouldn't be a need for the iUSB... But it definitely cleaned the signal up and made an important difference in my system.

Hope it helps, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(01-Jun-2016, 18:33)LBameule Wrote: I'm coming and going between USB and Air ETH connection between my computer and the Dev. When using USB I do use an iUSB (the old one, no the 3). My first experience with it was an eye (ear?) opener, it made a huge difference. Now I also use a Regen at the other (amp) end and I suspect there isn't that much of a difference now. In other words, the Regen does everything itself and there shouldn't be a need for the iUSB... But it definitely cleaned the signal up and made an important difference in my system.

Hope it helps, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Let me try to understand it this way ...

Computer ------> Regen ------> Devialet

Is this your connection ?

What USB cable are you using 

between Computer ------> Regen

Thanks in advance !!

[Image: REGEN_USB.png]
I too am waffling between WiFi AIR and USB via Regen (AIR might sound better but occasionally stutters).

I'm using an AudioQuest Diamond USB cable from the computer to the Regen and then the Regen pigtail cable (not the adapter as shown above) to the Devialet. I also have an AudioQuest Jitterbug on the computer side, so my USB chain is:

computer -> AQ Jitterbug -> AQ Diamond USB cable -> Regen -> Regen pigtail USB cable -> Devialet
Better buy this if you're interested in the Regen and improving the quality of your USB input: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3053

The Intona is way more effective than the Regen although it too gives a nice improvement. Both Regen and Intona are more effective than any USB cable out there although the cable surely matters as well. I've had very good results using the TotalDAC D1 and Curious USB though I nowadays personally prefer the latter. This is a subjective thing though. Both are hard to beat at their price level though there could be/probably are better ones out there.

You can take the tuning with/of USB very far using special USB cards, linear power supplies, special software and operating systems etc. Easier today with guaranteed results may just be using a Sonore microRendu. I've even found out that the USB input of the Devialet can also hugely be improved upon by using a USB -> AES/EBU or S/PDIF converter like the Mutec MC-3+ USB. This way you circumvent the USB input of the Devialet and use it's AES/EBU input. Together with the microRendu it's the best sound I've ever heard in my system. The microRendu is already being compared (and found better) to expensive streamers like any model of Aurender including the W20.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Jun-2016, 14:38)Antoine Wrote: The microRendu is already being compared (and found better) to expensive streamers like any model of Aurender including the W20.

Is this really true?  I have seen one guy (a headphone fanatic) compare the microRendu favourably against the N10 & W20.  Are there any other reports?  (I have an irrational mistrust of regular headphone users, I'm not sure why) 

I have to say it would be excellent news if the microRendu was as good as a W20, because the W20 is £13,000, and the microRendu is somewhat cheaper!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
No idea if it's true, I haven't heard both. The microRendu is relatively new of course and the W20 relatively rare becuase of it's high price. Other than the reports of the guy you mentioned I haven't seen any other reports except of course the review of computeraudiophile: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...ew-part-1/ Perhaps the upcoming part 2 will shed some more light, still this also is one man's opinion.

More reviews and comparisons will come, no doubt about it. Batch 1 of the MR's was sold out quickly but batch 2 should start shipping soon.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I trust that guy (Romaz) BTW. He seems to have tested more (including very expensive) hardware than all members of this forum combined. Smile

The Netherlands