Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singxer
http://www.head-fi.org/products/singxer-su-1-usb-bridge

First (?) review from head-fi. Quite well written and comprehensive, including comparisons with the Berkeley Alpha USB and the Audiobyte Hydra Z. Reviewer did not manage to listen to the Mutec MC3+ USB but considering that the Singxer is cheaper than the Mutec and Berkeley, that it is (or may be) competitive is an achievement.
(18-Aug-2016, 08:03)nicoludio Wrote: http://www.head-fi.org/products/singxer-su-1-usb-bridge

First (?) review from head-fi. Quite well written and comprehensive, including comparisons with the Berkeley Alpha USB and the Audiobyte Hydra Z.  Reviewer did not manage to listen to the Mutec MC3+ USB but considering that the Singxer is cheaper than the Mutec and Berkeley, that it is (or may be) competitive is an achievement.

Thanks for that.

Shame about the Mutec comp for sure, that would have really placed it pretty clearly in the rankings. But some say the Berkekey's still the best, others that the Mutec's better. The fact that it's up there at all at $399 is amazing. As far as I can tell though, the best 'manual' is some text on the eBay ad, and it's not even clear to me who's behind it and whether it's a company that supports and upgrades or just makes something and moves on. Despite trying quite hard, I haven't got far in finding out....

I guess you plug it in and if it works it works, and if not you contemplate trying to get it replaced from China, or more likely chuck it in the bin.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I have a Devialet 200 and a Sonore MicroRendu. I wonder if the Singxer Su-1 is going to be easy to get to work in this system?

Is all I have to do something like this?

1 Use a USB cable between the Sonore MicroRendu and the Singxer
2 And then an XLR cable (AES EBU) between the Singxer and my Devialet?

Will the Singxer and the Devialet then "find each" other and know what to do? Or are there any other settings to make the Singxer work with the Devialet?
If you use digital XLR there are no settings or anything to do as that is a AES/EBU signal and every component is built to this standard. The problem lies were there is USB but I dont think it will be any problem as most of the USB things is plug and play today no drivers or such things.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree