Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences between D200 and D200 companion
Hi
Currently have a D200 and enjoying it.
Wanted to know what the physical differences are between the two units, if any?
Can you use a normal D200  as a slave? 
Thanks in advance
(09-Jun-2016, 16:44)miles Wrote: Hi
Currently have a D200 and enjoying it.
Wanted to know what the physical differences are between the two units, if any?
Can you use a normal D200  as a slave? 
Thanks in advance

Yes.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Slave same like master, but without remote control / network card
(09-Jun-2016, 17:11)ghosttipper Wrote: Slave same like master, but without remote control / network card

So buying a used D200 to use as a slave (that may be found a bit cheaper than a new companion), should work just fine to make up a D400?

I'm also pondering a companion for my D200 but I may wait a few months just to see what Devialet is up to.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yeah
Gonna wait till september at least to see whats happening
Perhaps if theres a new D200, you can get that and use the current one as a slave
(09-Jun-2016, 19:13)mdconnelly Wrote:
(09-Jun-2016, 17:11)ghosttipper Wrote: Slave same like master, but without remote control / network card

So buying a used D200 to use as a slave (that may be found a bit cheaper than a new companion), should work just fine to make up a D400?

I'm also pondering a companion for my D200 but I may wait a few months just to see what Devialet is up to.
Using a D200 master as a slave(companion) will work fine and it gives you wider options should you decide to sell one or both. Also you will have two remotes.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
the D200 companion can also be used alone if you use iPad /iphone as remote
(11-Jun-2016, 11:21)Supra Wrote: the D200 companion can also be used alone if you use iPad /iphone as remote

Are you sure about that? Doesn't it need network access for that?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Jun-2016, 11:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(11-Jun-2016, 11:21)Supra Wrote: the D200 companion can also be used alone if you use iPad /iphone as remote

Are you sure about that? Doesn't it need network access for that?

+1. If I turn the wifi on the D off, the iPad remote will not connect. The companion has no wifi board fitted.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
IIRC if the companion was connected via ethernet and in the same subnet as your iPad via wifi the remote app can be used?