Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Chord M-Scaler with the Expert Pro 220
Sorry, forgot to post an update. The bottom line is the Expert Pro 250 sounds incredible, especially with the M-Scaler.
To me, the single 250 Pro sounds better than the D-Premier setup in mono. Definitely more natural sounding, seems like there is enough power with the single chassis Expert Pro and the Linbrook Signatures that a second chassis does not seem necessary.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Would the Expert Pro models be capable of dual data inputs to fully exploit the M- Scaler through a possible software update?
(25-Nov-2023, 14:47)Decameron Wrote: Would the Expert Pro models be capable of dual data inputs to fully exploit the M- Scaler through a possible software update?

It is highly unlikely that this would ever happen. So not really worth the time worrying about too much.

As an alternative option, consider a set-up that can use HQPlayer, which does via software something similar to that achieved by the M-Scaler hardware.

My ears tell me that my Devialet sounds much better when being fed via HQPlayer. (other ears are available)

Also, streaming using HQPlayer via something like a Zen Stream or Holo Red is rather more affordable than a Chord M-Scaler. Something to consider at least.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Nov-2023, 13:35)Confused Wrote:
(25-Nov-2023, 14:47)Decameron Wrote: Would the Expert Pro models be capable of dual data inputs to fully exploit the M- Scaler through a possible software update?

It is highly unlikely that this would ever happen. So not really worth the time worrying about too much.

As an alternative option, consider a set-up that can use HQPlayer, which does via software something similar to that achieved by the M-Scaler hardware.

My ears tell me that my Devialet sounds much better when being fed via HQPlayer. (other ears are available)

Also, streaming using HQPlayer via something like a Zen Stream or Holo Red is rather more affordable than a Chord M-Scaler. Something to consider at least.

Even without upscaling the RED sounds fantastic. Still waiting for mine to come in …
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.