Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 and Sopra 2
I currently have a D120 driving Focal Aria speakers.  I am upgrading to the Sopra 2 speakers.  Does anyone else out there drive these speakers with the D120?  If so, is the combination working ok for you?
I had a 200 to begin with and that worked ok with my old Electra 1038 but I upgraded to a 400 and that made a big change to the better. Today I have the Sopra 2 and I do feel that they need power to really sing. If I remember correct a review of them where they measured the efficiency they were not so easy to drive as the specs suggest.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Sopra 2 will need a better amp to get best results - may be an option to change/upgrade when Plus becomes a reality?
I demoed the sopra 2s with the 200 and it sounded rather relentless. I now have the 400 running the sopra 3s and the sound is much more at ease and relaxed. I would thus definitely recommend the 400 with the sopras. But you should just listen before buying and trust your ears

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk