Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
(09-Aug-2016, 14:26)wwm Wrote: Had an interesting hour or so at Hi Fi Lounge where Paul was his usual perky self. We connected my 800 and used a pair of PMC fact12's. These speakers have not been Sam'ed so obviously this was switched off. Played half a dozen tracks to aclimatise myself to the speakers and the room before changing over to the 1000 pro and played the same tracks again. There was a definate improvement in timbre, more analogue if that makes sense also, mid range particularly voice was very clean and precise, very real in fact. I will be having the upgrade that's for sure.
Confused asked if I would check the temperatures so the master was A 39. D 38. P 47 and the companion was A 39. P39 P 45. That was after running all morning with fact 12's at a comfortable volume.
Cheers,
Bill.

Encouraging post Bill! I'm thinking about going from 200 to 440 Pro but there's no possibility of a demo at the moment...

Could I ask what source you were using - I know Paul's keen on Aurender Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)