Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800 Driving Magico Q3 - Experiences/Thoughts?
Hi all,

My first post so please be gentle. Angel

I'm looking at upgrading my Wilson Sabrina's to Magico Q3's. I fully index to audition them but wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience of Q3's being driven by an 800?

I have a feeling that I maybe heading for a clinical sound given the reputation the Q3's have and the amazing clarity the 800 dishes out. 

I have FLACs running from a NAS and a Spiral Groove SG1.2 as inputs. 

A final option would be to hold out for the Wilson Yvette's due end of this month. 

Many thanks,

Eric
It's always all about the tweeter. I think it will boil down to if you like the Magico tweeter or not. With the price of the Q3 it isn't something you want to do without audition, IMO.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Don't discard the Magico S range with the new tweeter. From what I understand that's a much more fun beast.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Q series is much superior the S on all aspects.
Q3 is very sensitive vs his big brother the Q5.
Even d250 will rock it .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Definitely go with the funner option. I've wasted too much of my life fighting accurate with my less than stellar favorite albums.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I would try the YG Sonja as well. I have 800 driving 1.3 in my new music room and it's very very good[Image: 7904e7120e5bf4f78e2bd887df031ece.jpg]
(24-Jun-2016, 22:54)no32 Wrote: I would try the YG Sonja as well. I have 800 driving 1.3 in my new music room and it's very very good[Image: 7904e7120e5bf4f78e2bd887df031ece.jpg]

Man, that's a GREAT place to listen to music! Congratulations!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
thx it's a remarkable room ,
it has 3 different ceiling height , it is long enough for low frequency, and sound very natural before I even treated it acoustically. and the view is so nice
Thanks you guys really appreciate your time.