Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loudness / ear correction
Hello folks!

a big: “Thank you!” to this forum, I was reading here a lot since I own a Devialet 120. I got a lot of great information and ideas from it.

Loudness!
There is a well known phenomena with hearing, our ears has different sensitivity at different frequencies at different volumes.    
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
And who has ever worked in a Record- Studio will know, that quite everything is mixed flat for about 80dB.
But since I know, every HiFi and even more High-End community seems to ignore that totally. Although they prefer to hear 'flat' they physically only can do that from a special point of volume and up. Why does nobody worry about that?

Now with DSP’s it would be much easier to implement the physical fact of hearing, than with fiddling around with programmable graphic EQ’s I have used in the past.
But still nobody asks for it. :-/

With this  post I try to reach some others who would like to hear the best performance of their Set with every, even the slightest volume. I don’t want to be alone anymore! ;)
I appreciate it a lot, that I can choose between many RIAA curves with my LE120, but why can’t I choose just the one well known curve which just fits our ears?  

Cheers
Joe

P.S.
to compensate Loudness I use following, logically completely unsatisfying settings with the LE120 EQ, maybe you would like to try that too:
Bass at 500Hz
Treble at 12kHz
or so…

no correction from -15 to -10 and up
already at least +6db bass and +6db treble at -40 to -30
try full +18db with bass and treble at -70 to -60

if you are not sure, ask your children :)