Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(27-Jun-2016, 17:37)Confused Wrote: A nicely worded and well considered petition I thought.  Good work.  I have singed up and added some not so nicely worded words in the comments section.  Polite, but blunt!

One thought.....   Is the 1000 signature target a little ambitious?  Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if you make the 1000 mark, but is this possible??

Thanks for the warning. I was not asked for a target.  1000 is too ambitious for sure.
(27-Jun-2016, 18:05)Antoine Wrote: I've asked for help on the Roon forum, Head-Fi and What's Best Forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812520/please-s...let-owners
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/please-...ners/11904
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...post401438

Perhaps others could do a similar thing on the forums they're active on. Smile

Thank you very much.
I've posted the petition now on the computer audiophile forum.
I've signed the petition, but did not much appreciate the next page from iPetitions asking for a donation.

Really do not understand why Devialet don't provide Roon Ready. Yes Roon is not free, but at least it is a viable alternative to AIR, and frankly on another planet to Spark / UPnP.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(27-Jun-2016, 18:41)AllenB Wrote: I've signed the petition, but did not much appreciate the next page from iPetitions asking for a donation.

Really do not understand why Devialet don't provide Roon Ready. Yes Roon is not free, but at least it is a viable alternative to AIR, and frankly on another planet to Spark / UPnP.

I didn't know ipetitions asked for money. My apologies. Be assured that it is no money for me.
On topic : if they would go for Roon, I would be a very happy customer :Smile I avoided that kind of questions because that is a Devialet commercial decision and I certainly respect that.
Signed and good luck. I gave up on AIR after 8 months of frustration .
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(27-Jun-2016, 19:01)Georgethesixth Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 18:41)AllenB Wrote: I've signed the petition, but did not much appreciate the next page from iPetitions asking for a donation.

I didn't know ipetitions asked for money. My apologies. Be assured that it is no money for me.
On topic : if they would go for Roon, I would be a very happy customer :Smile I avoided that kind of questions because that is a Devialet commercial decision and I certainly respect that.

Totally understood George, no apology needed, and I commend your efforts!
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(27-Jun-2016, 16:46)Antoine Wrote: I've signed out of solidarity.

To be honest though I do feel the time for more "malicious" action like the Twitter campaign Dr.Tone started had already come. But perhaps this more formal way is indeed the better one. I can be rather direct and agressive sometimes instead of politically correct and am not sure what's the best way to get the French moving. Smile

I work for a French company, I've email HQ a half dozen time requesting information on various things and never got a response once.  Sound familiar?  Out of boredom I decided to fire up the "malicious" Twitter campaign again.

https://twitter.com/search?q=airisajoke&src=typd
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(28-Jun-2016, 21:12)Dr Tone Wrote:

To be honest though I do feel the time for more "malicious" action like the Twitter campaign Dr.Tone started had already come. But perhaps this more formal way is indeed the better one. I can be rather direct and agressive sometimes instead of politically correct and am not sure what's the best way to get the French moving. Smile

I work for French company, I've email HQ a half dozen time requesting information on various things and never got a response once.  Sound familiar?  Out of boredom I decided to fire up the "malicious" Twitter campaign again.

I like that the Stoneaudio / Renault F1 #AIR is a joke tweet has been liked by Devialet Shy

Maybe they do have a sense of humour?  (Or maybe they 'like' everything @devialet without reading it??)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(28-Jun-2016, 21:28)Confused Wrote:
(28-Jun-2016, 21:12)Dr Tone Wrote:

I work for French company, I've email HQ a half dozen time requesting information on various things and never got a response once.  Sound familiar?  Out of boredom I decided to fire up the "malicious" Twitter campaign again.

I like that the Stoneaudio / Renault F1 #AIR is a joke tweet has been liked by Devialet Shy

Maybe they do have a sense of humour?  (Or maybe they 'like' everything @devialet without reading it??)

I think they have a few brilliant engineers when it comes to the hardware but are utterly clueless when it comes to everything else.  PR, support, social media and most of all software development.

If they had a clue they wouldn't have implemented a 2003 technology (DLNA) over something special like Roon or any other actual current audio delivery topology.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2