Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Thanks for starting this. A great idea, and you have shown admirable moderation and good sense in the way you prepared Devialet for it.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Signed. Well done for doing it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks for setting this up. Signed.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Signed
The premise is great and I signed it but I don't know how it will cause Devialet to change? How many signatures does it take to make them look bad? How many signatures does it take for them to publicly apologize and address the issue?

A few months from now their response to AIR issues is going to be the option to use DLNA with their PRO line. You can upgrade for one easy payment of $$$$$.

A more aggressive malicious attack on their public image or class action lawsuit are the only option left in my opinion. Both causing our already much devalued amps to lose even more resale value.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I am thinking that AIR is not only a software problem but also a hardware problem i.e. the WiFi card. So any software fix Devialet is trying to come up is only a partial solution and acknowledging the hardware problem would mean that there has to be a replacement card and the customers would expect them to be free. I guess that is the reason why Devialet keeps quiet.
A integrated server with enough storage/buffer could be the the best solution to digital audio as would allow error correction (which is not true for audio USB http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...ty-varies/ ) and would be independent of external clocks. I was listening to Totaldac integral headphone at the last HighEnd and was quite impressed. The rumored server board would be great but is that only wishful thinking? Also pricing, connection etc would be essential to know before one even considers any expert purchase or upgrade now. By not informing their customers Devialet is only shooting them self in the foot.
(01-Jul-2016, 17:09)Music or sound Wrote: I am thinking that AIR is not only a software problem but also a hardware problem i.e. the WiFi card.

I agree. I can plug a £15 wifi dongle with barely any antenna in the back of my Devialet and it performs as well as ethernet when the access point it's connected to is situated within a reasonable distance - i.e. in the same room.  The Devialet wifi card however performs very poorly unless the access point is virtually on top of it or below.
The stutters/white noise even when the connection is good (i.e. using ethernet) is a different problem and Devialet have acknowledged it's a software issue on several occasions.
(01-Jul-2016, 17:20)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 17:09)Music or sound Wrote: I am thinking that AIR is not only a software problem but also a hardware problem i.e. the WiFi card.

I agree. I can plug a £15 wifi dongle with barely any antenna in the back of my Devialet and it performs as well as ethernet when the access point it's connected to is situated within a reasonable distance - i.e. in the same room.  The Devialet wifi card however performs very poorly unless the access point is virtually on top of it or below.
The stutters/white noise even when the connection is good (i.e. using ethernet) is a different problem and Devialet have acknowledged it's a software issue on several occasions.

But, to be clear... The problems with AIR are not just with wifi... Stability is still an issue with AIR (at least for me) when using Ethernet throughout.   It's just worse with wifi.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Got this nice reply on twitter today:

Dear friend
fixing AIR is on going. We are aware of some issues and won't let you this way. It just takes some time and we need to adjust our priorities. I hope you understand our position.
Kind regards
D

Obviously it's never been a priority over the last 2 years.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

That is one of the reasons why people get really upset - talking for years about fixing things (Air etc.) or providing new features (like Dialog compatibility with Expert line etc.) and never delivering ... trying to soothe people by telling them about "we are working on it - and "now" are changing priorities" and so on.
It's incredible they still didn't change their strategy - as this is harming their brand & reputation. They have to face reality - people are expecting a ransparent / open communication about what's going on in a company.