Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
(02-Jul-2016, 18:30)Dr Tone Wrote: Got this nice reply on twitter today:

Dear friend 
fixing AIR is on going. We are aware of some issues  and won't let you this way. It just takes some time and we need to adjust our priorities. I hope you understand our position. 
Kind regards 
D

Obviously it's never been a priority over the last 2 years.

"Dear friend"? 

WTF?

"Some time"? "Some issues"? Priorities?

Wow, just wow...how about an apology?

"I hope you understand our position"

No we don't, do you understand ours?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
362 members online today, not counting guests. I find it a bit weird so little seem to care enough to sign this petition. It can be done anonymously as well.

Edit; oh wait, had to refresh, 63 have signed thus far. Not bad but I believe we can do a lot better than that! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(02-Jul-2016, 19:51)Antoine Wrote: 362 members online today, not counting guests. I find it a bit weird so little seem to care enough to sign this petition. It can be done anonymously as well.

Edit; oh wait, had to refresh, 63 have signed thus far. Not bad but I believe we can do a lot better than that! Smile

Is obviously unacceptable that many customers have had problems with AIR. You have to remember that a lot of people use a separate streamer and don't care about AIR and then,of course, and I'm nervous about saying this, there are quite a few people who use AIR - particularly AIR3 and don't have any problems - Cue a troll  Angel
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Like I wote on the first page I myself signed out of solidarity. I don't use AIR and/or USB anymore (I found both lacking in SQ) but did for quite some time and I too didn't experience the AIR issues often reported.

Of course I or anyone can't force anyone else to sign but I don't think one necessarily has to suffer from these issues to sign. There's some other issues addressed in the petition as well and then there's also the thing called solidarity. Smile

The Netherlands
(02-Jul-2016, 21:01)EAntoine Wrote: Like I wote on the first page I myself signed out of solidarity. I don't use AIR anymore (I found it lacking in SQ) but did for quite some time and I too didn't experience the AIR issues often reported.

Of course I or anyone can't force anyone else to sign but I don't necessarily think one has to suffer from this issues to sign. There's some other issues addressed as well and there's the thing called solidarity. Smile

I admire your sense of camaraderie. The best response for those who have had issues with AIR (if they're really upset about it) would have been to return their amps to the dealer they bought them from because they didn't work as advertised. Then Devialet would have listened. I don't think m(any) have done this.

I and I suspect many other customers don't have any negative feelings about Devialet. My system sounds superb and better than when I first bought it because of free SAM and AIR upgrades. I must admit I will be a bit p....d off when the Pro range is launched and the s/h value of my 200 falls but my system won't sound any worse...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Sure but I'd call that the 'past ultimatum', 'giving up' or 'walk away from it all' response. It's not that black&white for everyone and owners have a right to demand a manufacturer to fix problems. They even have the right of taking legal action.

The Netherlands
(02-Jul-2016, 21:06)PhilP Wrote: I and I suspect many other customers don't have any negative feelings about Devialet. My system sounds superb and better than when I first bought it because of free SAM and AIR upgrades. I must admit I will be a bit p....d off when the Pro range is launched and the s/h value of my 200 falls but my system won't sound any worse...

"I don't have negative feelings", "My system", "I will be pissed of when", "the value of my 200"...

I know it's 2016 but even today this sounds very selfish. Good luck with it all and please don't ever expect help from others, or when I speak for myself, from me.

The Netherlands
(02-Jul-2016, 21:27)Antoine Wrote: Sure but I'd call that the 'past ultimatum', 'giving up' or 'walk away from it all' response. It's not that black&white for everyone and owners have a right to demand a manufacturer to fix problems. They even have the right of taking legal action.

Yes, I agree  -  but really the choice is between moaning on here incessantly to no effect whatsoever or forcing the issue through the dealer network. Legal action would be tricky for people who have effectively 'accepted' the products by using them for some time with no written complaint. It is unfortunate that Devialet have not responded to their moral and legal obligations to fix AIR but noone has really forced the issue.
(02-Jul-2016, 21:47)IIAntoine Wrote: Angel
(02-Jul-2016, 21:06)PhilP Wrote: I and I suspect many other customers don't have any negative feelings about Devialet. My system sounds superb and better than when I first bought it because of free SAM and AIR upgrades. I must admit I will be a bit p....d off when the Pro range is launched and the s/h value of my 200 falls but my system won't sound any worse...

"I don't have negative feelings", "My system", "I will be pissed of when", "the value of my 200"...

I know it's 2016 but even today this sounds very selfish. Good luck with it all and please don't ever expect help from others, or when I speak for myself, from me.

Not selfish at all ?? From what I've read on here and from people I know personally there are many who are very happy with their Devialet products. I hope that you will act more generously towards them if they disagree with you Angel
I don't see what "moaning [about Air] on here incessantly to no effect whatsoever" as you call it, has to do with signing a petition. The sooner Devialet fixes the AIR issues the sooner we're freed of this "moaning", that must appeal to you since you brought it up. Wink

What I meant with being selfish is the arguments you give why you or others would not/do not sign a petition (to at least help others). Thus far they've been about whether you or those persons care about AIR, are happy with their Devialets/the Devialet company or personally affected by the issues surrounding AIR now or in the past. If you had given any other non-self centered reason I would of course not have said a word.

With this being the current activity to try to get Devialet moving or moving quicker I personally like to be constructive, help and also try to be a bit empathic when needed. We're not all lawyers. Telling people what they should have done in the past IMO isn't constructive and lays some of the blame at their feet. I don't consider that fair, even if it's true.

Anyway, discussions like these are likely only harmful to 'the cause' so I'll remove myself from it.

PS: I do see now that you've edited most of your posts after I initially responded to them and they now also show a bit more understanding so that's good. I need to quote more so that it's clear for everyone what I am responding to. Smile

The Netherlands